Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Duramax

Re: Duramax

leaseman is bang on ,i have an 04 1 ton club with the same options and 104k and i paid 30k taxs in. it seems the injector issue scares some people off. ....fowl

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    Not to steer off the thread too much, but what the best diesel rig (drivetrain)?
    Dodge- weak trannys but new motor sounds kick ass
    GMC- sounds like motors having problems
    Ford- Turbos?
    I'm getting one in the fall but still undecided to which one, I was going for the duramax but now hearing about all these problems???
    On the Dodges- Lots of power, new tranny MAY be better(from what I've heard), but... with the new emission crap on them now,(6.7 Cummins) their mileage has suffered to the point of the other 2 brands.

IMHO, for the Dodge, find a pre-2007.5 ... 5.9 Cummins for more than amply power and fuel mileage.
    Last edited by MDG3; 04-19-2008 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by moosecaller View Post
    The value of this would depend on if I was selling it or buying it. Look in the "Kelly Blue Book" online it is pretty close. It's not worth $30,000. Options are nice and add lots of cost to a new truck but really don't add much to used, it's just a bit more lipstick and makeup on the same pig.
    KELLY BLUE BOOK is an american book it wont be much help unless your buying in the states. Canadian black book is avaliable on line for wholesale and retail. Look on buysell or canada trader for the high, low and average. If the truck is in the same range and you like it buy it. Life is short don't spend it shopping for the truck. Duramax diesels are excellent. 2001 to 2003 models have injector warranty to 320000 k's. Get a mechanic to inspect the truck before you buy it. Cheers

opps I didnt know you were selling it I didnt read far enough ahead. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by scoot View Post
    That would be Canadian gallons 4.54 L. my bad.

not sure why it was soooo bad in this truck.
    2008s are a different moter and emmissons agian, and it probably needs to brake in still.

I use this site for info...

http://www.nadaguides.com/usedcars.a...=21&p=1&f=5004

NADA stand for National Auto Dealer Association or something like that....

Kind of cool, it will give you all the options that were available fo rthat specific year of vehicle....
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

If you want a Duramax or any other full sized truck, get one out of Texas. An acquaintance of mine just picked up a new Tundra and had it delivered to Spokane....cool savings of 17K. The diesel trucks are extremely cheap down there, a crew cab Duramax a couple of years old with low km would probably be under 30K by the time you got it up here.