Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NewZealand hunting

Re: NewZealand hunting

sounds like i will have to put aulkland on my list of places to go
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

Glad you enjoyed your trip Tank,i went out bird shooting and we saw a red deer had no buckshot or slugs as used them all last weekend on goats,went home and got 243 but it had gone by the time we got back.

Thanks for sharing your adventure Tank, great pics also.
    Todd

I realize this is an old topic, but I have family in NZ, all of whom are non-hunters. I visit almost every year and would love to hunt while there. What would be the regulations for me if I wanted to hunt down yonder? Would I have to be accompanied, and by whom?

I see from Tank's post that he didn't seem to need a guide or resident to accompany. Can you just confirm this post-trip? And how tough was it to import your rifle/ammo?

Thanks
    Last edited by ryanb; 12-02-2005 at 01:41 PM.

Hello Ryan,you do not need a guide to hunt in new Zealand.Firearms are no problem too bring into New Zealand,you just vist the police station at Auckland airport when you get here and $25NZD for a vistor firearms license. i have sent you a PM

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb
    I realize this is an old topic, but I have family in NZ, all of whom are non-hunters. I visit almost every year and would love to hunt while there. What would be the regulations for me if I wanted to hunt down yonder? Would I have to be accompanied, and by whom?

I see from Tank's post that he didn't seem to need a guide or resident to accompany. Can you just confirm this post-trip? And how tough was it to import your rifle/ammo?

Thanks
    Definitely, New Zealand is as advertised in this post! I hunted with TOP PREDATOR when I was there and can say that he is a great guy and an excellent source of info for NZ hunting!

Sounds like a lot of fun maybe I should start saving up for a trip. It seems hunting NZ is not as bogged down and overregulated as here in North America. Had a friend you went to Australia and he tells me the same there with goats and rabbits they kill em by the barrel loads for fun and target practiece.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

If you guys did not have the hunting laws that you have,there would be no animals left in Canada.All animals that are not native to New Zealand are pests here and can be shot on sight.We can shoot deer from Helicopters with semi-auto rilfes if we want the government cullers it for a job.

Quote Originally Posted by TOP_PREDATOR
    We can shoot deer from Helicopters with semi-auto rilfes if we want the government cullers it for a job.
    Thats nuts!!!

And cool at the same time
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Prince Rupert Again, Formerly Fort Nelson

I also totally enjoy your pics and hunting stories Tank! You take us places that most of us will never go.
    "Dy'in ain't much of a livin' boy"

"There is NO Keyser Soze"!!!!!!

"Do cow moose have white inside their ears"?!!!!!