Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some animals that I have harvested over the years.

Re: Some animals that I have harvested over the years.

Beauty animals Bill, thanks for posting.
    Dislexic's everywhere! Untie!!

Member,
    Mission Rod and
    Gun Club.

nice animals. in that last pic i hope that rifle is empty

Quote Originally Posted by SUAFOYT View Post
    I noticed the Ruger as well- but when I noticed that the sling is exactly the same as mine, that's when I checked my cabinet just to make sure.
    Yeah the gun is a 270 ruger with a 2.5x10 bushnell elite 4200 with raingaurd and firefly reticle. I wouldn't get rid of this gun for the world. I got the scope 2 years ago and it has definitly made a big difference.
    Last edited by Bill Dance; 03-19-2008 at 09:28 PM.
    One shot Bill!

Looks good.
    I'm thinking you are hunting up north?

Here's a question for everybody. I just started getting into scoring animals, can anybody give me a rough score on these deer?
    One shot Bill!

Quote Originally Posted by Blainer View Post
    Looks good.
    I'm thinking you are hunting up north?
    Yep it is!
    One shot Bill!

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Bill, Nice bucks!! You still pullin wrenches at comp? How's that Foster fella? Haven't seen him in ages!! Might have to pop down to the shop and bullshit!! Moosin

Nice pic ,I see that you got that whitetail out in the open ,,was it a long shot???.

Quote Originally Posted by moosinaround View Post
    Bill, Nice bucks!! You still pullin wrenches at comp? How's that Foster fella? Haven't seen him in ages!! Might have to pop down to the shop and bullshit!! Moosin
    Yeah still pulling wrenches at comp. Haven't talk to the Foster kid in a long while. You should stop by sometime. Best time is Friday after work having a few cold ones then.
    One shot Bill!

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Nice pic ,I see that you got that whitetail out in the open ,,was it a long shot???.
    Nah, it wasn't a very long shot about 120 yards. I moved the deer there to get a better backround pic.
    I didn't see the deer until we were going down this fence line on the quad about 900 yards away. It busted out for a field and was running full out. By the time I put the binos up to see if it was shootable it had jumped over to our side of the fence. I seen that in fact it was shootable but it was still running hard. I knew where it was going, towards a small strip of bush about 300 yards long and 75 yards wide. The field that we were in was about 2 miles long by about mile wide with cows in it so I had to watch my shot.
    So I wicked the throttle and paralleling with the deer to try to get on the other side of the strip of bush to cut him off. I looked down at my speed and was doing 35kms and the deer was keeping up with me. Finally I made it to the other side of the bush where the deer went in and there is an island of trees about a 120 yards away so I got into position. I told my wife to walk up on the side of the bush that the deer went in on so she could push the deer towards me. 45 minutes later he finally poke his head out. This is where I seen how big he was.
    I held on his front shoulder and pulled the trigger. When the bullet hit the deer jumped straight into the air and started running this time towards me from left to the right. Since I wasn't sure about the first shot and didn't want to loose this animal I lined back up on his vitals again and hit his liver. He stumbled a little but was still going wide open. Not sure that I hit it I tried another shot as it was getting close to the woods now. I missed it all together on that shot. Then just about 15 yards away from the bush the deer started to stumble and piled up at the treeline 30 yards to my right.
    It was one of the most exciting kills in my life.
    One shot Bill!