Thread: yamaha timberwolf

yamaha timberwolf

Anybody own an older 2x4 Yamaha Timberwolf?-if so what was your experiance-good ,bad or indiferent?[I have a 2003 Polaris 600 Sportsman which I am happy with but am looking at buying this one for my boy-if the price is right]

2. Site Sponsor

Re: yamaha timberwolf

Good call on the polaris. I owned several yamaha quads prior to buying a new polaris sportsman 500 in 2000. Polaris is it for me and I will never go back. As for the yamaha timber wolf I owned a 1996 4x4 model and I'll summarize my thoughts about this machine in 3 words " Piece of shit!" Parts are expensive. Everything falls off or apart and the metal on this machine rusts like you wouldn't believe. I sold mine for $1000 in 2000 when I bought the polaris and I still feel guilty about selling it even though I pretty much gave it away. I have had my polaris for 8 years and it is in 10X better condition than the timber wolf which was only 4 years old when I got rid of it. In addition the only things I have bought for the polaris are a new belt and battery. It would take me all day to list the parts and money I dumped into the timber wolf.

I had one in 92? I think. It was too light on the front end, I actually had to put a sandbag on the front to keep it down when going up hills.

I guess it did the job when I was 16 y/o but I would never recommend anyone buy one now, esp with the availability of higher quality machines out there now. It was pretty gutless and didn't really haul much.
    "Know your Land, Know Your Prey" - Mantracker

"I still don’t know why I fish or why other men fish, except that we like it and it makes us think and feel."Roderick Haig-Brown

www.nrgcbc.ca

look for a trail boss 330 ( polaris ) instead.

if it is for your boy there is an older polaris 250cc 2wd cheap on www.castanet.net got to the "wheels" section then to the "atvs", scroll through the adds, it is in there.
    Work little,,,Play lots!!!

Neighbor had one, it was always broken and he never drove it hard.

I owned one of the very first - a 1987 model (before they even called it a t-wolf). Worked very well and never stopped running. Pretty good quad for 1200 bucks.

TJ