Thread: Arrow assembly

Arrow assembly

Here are some pics of tonight's efforts using last years arrows. Stripped the plastic flights off, cleaned it up, fed 27" of 5/32 polyprop rope in the shaft, glued on some feathers and bingo 507grains on a Gold Tip 5575 Expedition Hunter shaft with a 100gr Montec G5 broadhead!

this set up is intended for a 55 pound reflex! What do you think?

I will shoot this one in a loaner bow a few times to see how she flies and if it works out then I'll do the same to the rest of last years shafts... can't wait for my new bow to arrive!

"When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Arrow assembly

pretty good setup, very close to mine,
    I shoot 5575 GT prohunters out of a 70# 27.5" draw bowtech with g5 montecs.

I would recommend moving up to the XT hunters, its only 5 bucks a dozen more I believe and you get an arrow with half the variance that the expeditions have.just my opinion.
    "Using your legs to go up a road is called walking, not hiking and if you have a gun over your shoulder or a bow in hand it's called road hunting."
    -Goat Guy. Dec 3/09.

Check our the Dr. Ashby reports on tradgang.com about a high FOC. For a traditional rig you might find better performance without the rope and with a 200grain broadhead. That and I think that your going to spine a little strong as is for a 55lb traditional bow.
    Cheers,
    Grant

Thanks. I got my new bow today and just spent an hour playing! <big grin> The arrow flew beauty! I put a lighted knock on it and seems true! I couldn't believe how many bulls I hit from 15 yards... I think I've found harmony and all is right in the world tonight! Going to have a wee sip of scotch to celebrate!
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Why do you put rope inside the shaft?
    The Rocky Mountains is the Marrow of the World
    "Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. "Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men." "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline."

Hey Hermit , For my similar bow I had to soften the shaft spine by adding a 100 gr adapter and when coupled with 125 gn broadheads the arrows flew great and enough total weight to quiet the bow .
    Look forward to seeing you and Grantmac at the TBBC Championships .
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

The Hermit: Glad you found the groove, I love days when I just can't miss. Too bad they don't seem to be that common for me.

Greybark: I hope I can make the TBBC, it's still up in the air really. As long as I can tent-it and they'll let me pick-up a membership (or shoot without) then I think I'm in good shape.

I am tempted by the siren call of some spare carbons I've got kicking around but I think I'll stick with my POC for the time being.
    Cheers,
    Grant