Thread: woodgas stove

woodgas stove

Check out this wood stove. I found this site Last fall and got one in november. I't works awesome. One match a little paper and some twigs and 20 seconds later a a roaring fire. And can burn almost any thing. any type of twigs, grass, cat tails, and I think even elk and sheep poop.(have'nt tried yet but will). Weights 26 oz and 6 inches in height. No need to pack fuel. It has a built in fan that uses 2 AA batts, but you can buy a solar powered charger. (next on my list) 2 AA lasts 9 hrs on hi and 10 on low. Pretty neat stove to have on any Hunting, camping, ski-doo of quading trip.

http://woodgascampstove.com/

2. Site Sponsor

Re: woodgas stove

looks interesting. Approximately about how long did you find it took to boil up a pot of water?

I have looked at them before and would love to get one. Where did you purchase it and how much was it?

It tooK about 6 minutes from starting the fire to boiling 4 cups of water. I used about two handfulls of dry spruce branches. The cost is around $ 50.00 but I would also recommend the solar charger for around $ 22.50.
    I think the best way to get one is through the store tab and the ienergy link. You won't be disapointed.