Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone Else Get "That" Feeling??

Anyone Else Get "That" Feeling??

Is it only "freaky" me but does anyone else get a weird feeling from looking at "some" high country pictures?? It's hard to explain but I'd describe it as something similar to "butterflies" or an "ache" . I don't get it from every high country picture but looking at that one of BHB packing out his caribou sure set this feeling off. I had an immediate urge to head back there and feel the cool air in my lungs and fresh air in my nostrils . I also get it from looking at other people's pictures but not all high country pics.

So am I "freak" or are there others out there that get the same rush??

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Anyone Else Get "That" Feeling??

You're not the only 'freak'. You can include me!!

The only problem is, I have those pangs year around. I just want to be up there on a high ridge laying down and glassing.
    Last edited by BCrams; 03-12-2008 at 10:17 AM.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go."

-- John Muir

I hear you both. Even just driving and seeing it off in the distance makes me wanna head up.

You arent' a freak...perfectly normal.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by BCrams View Post
    You're not the only 'freak'. You can include me!!

The only problem is, I have those pangs year around. I just want to be up there on a high ridge laying down and glassing.
    Yep...Yep...and Yep

So are you a Big Mountain freak, a Mountain Hunting freak, a Hunting freak (or do you just like BHB ?)

I think I am a Big Mountain freak. Summer time laying around glassing sheep, goats, marmots, eagles (cool when you are above them!), lots of vertical.........
    Winter sledding up to a peak, wondering where the edge is under the snow, seeing the smoke from a stack 30 miles away, brilliant blue that will burn your eyeballs with out shades, distant peaks always look more defined with snow on them (and infinite)

Best of all is realizing it is all downhill from here....
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

You're not alone, I call it a longing! I am itching to get out of this city and breath the fresh air of nature. There's no place like the wild, whether it's the high country or the low, it's better than where I am now!
    "Every moving animal that is alive may serve as food for you." (Genesis 9:3)

[quote=boxhitch;258351]So are you a Big Mountain freak, a Mountain Hunting freak, a Hunting freak (or do you just like BHB ?) quote]

Hey is was special trip for us. Remember that old saying "what happens in mountains, stays in the mountains"

BHB

Thank God no-one has used the term Brokeback Mt yet.

SSS, BCRams, et al.... I get the same feelings. Kinda like a mini anxiety attack but in a good way. Its adrenalin. Some pictures just take me back to those moments I loved so much, and gives me the itch to get out there again. You guys captured a bunch of it...the clean moist air in your lungs, the feeling of your legs pumped up from a long climb, the smell of the red mountain heather and lichen on that ridge where you are laying glassing, the sound of the Whisperlite stove as it boils water for your freeze dried meal that only tastes good in that situation, the feeling of your boots crunching the gravel under the weight of you and that sheep on your back..... Heck, I even miss the mornings where you wake up and your tent is pressing on your face because it snowed a foot overnight.

If I get a chance, I'll share some of my pics too. Just gotta get a new scanner....

Naw, yer just a freak. I think that u and bighornbob better stay away from one another this weekend.RAMSHOT.
    Last edited by Ramshot; 03-12-2008 at 12:48 PM.