Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: need help HBC pack hunters

Re: need help HBC pack hunters

Mystery Ranch NICE frame with the Load Carrier for packing meat and the Behemoth Bag for packing gear. Wasn't cheap for sure but probably one of the best hunting purchases I'll ever make.
    Google Mystery Ranch if you're interested.

Another vote for the mystery ranch very pricey,but should last me a lifetime.Very comfortable under large load.

And another vote for MR internal. I will never wear an external again.

Well, I have five MR packs and have raved about them here and on any forum I ever post on and I have had a lot of packs in my life. MR packs are the best production packs, overall, that I have ever used, Kifaru are also excellent and I have had two Badlands so far, which are pretty good for the price.

IF, the MR NICE Frame system FITS you and it does most people, this is just a fabulous pack and worth it's substantial cost. I carry 100 lbs., weighed, of sand bags on mine to train with and it is comfortable, that is a lot for a guy my age.

Get a GOOD pack, it pays off in long service and less "torture" when packing out your game.

I have tried both, internal is better for backpacking, external is better for packing meat. I have a north face internal and have used camp trails, wilderness wanderer and now a barney's external frame. If you don't want to spend big bucks and are looking for a pack that will last most guys years , buy the camp trails pack in either the moose or elk bag. DD