Thread: Heads up about camo tape

Thumbs up Heads up about camo tape

While looking for camo tape for a new bow I bought I stumbled upon the fact that hockey tape now comes in a couple of different patterns and colors of camo; its ALOT cheaper, about $5 for 18 meters vs about $6-8 for 10ft for hunting varieties. It might not be "real-tree" but I doubt the animals will care and it sticks and wears a lot better too! I picked some up at the local hockey shop and Canadian Tire.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Heads up about camo tape

Hey Mike

What bow did you get? Whats the set up?

Cheers

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

I bought a martin slayer 55-70 lb one cam NIB 2005. Put a fallaway rest on it an a 4 pin fiber optic sight. Got a wicked deal. Wanted a 2008 PSE x-force super short but couldn't see it being worth the extra $500 considering martin is a good name as well.

Hey, regardless of cost, you should try Mcnett Camoform. It comes in a bunch of colours and retails for about $15. This stuff is awesome. It doesn't leave ANY sticky residue, doesn't fade and can be reused. I used it to doctor up my crossbow and it works great. A buddy of mine put some on the tiller on his outboard about 5 years ago and the stuff has barley faded & hasn't broken down! Good product.

Will have to try...All I know is that over the years, trying different types my friends and I repeatedly said " I wish this stuff was more like hockey tape" and presto, now it is.

Just be cautious applying it to anyhting that could rust...
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Just be cautious applying it to anyhting that could rust...
    The beauty in the Mcnett camo form is that is can be removed easily at the end of the hunt and reused over and over. It's not sticky like tape, but sticks to itself. It's sort of like a tensor bandage but really sticks to istelf.