Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Are Crossbows archery equipment?

Bow Walker Guest

Re: Are Crossbows archery equipment?

5. I'm sorry, I must be missing something here, but what the hell are "rigidly controlled internal ballistics?" This would be a term used to describe how a person comes to terms with inflamatory bowel disease.
    Jeeezz! I almost sprayed my screen with the "Unwooded" Chardonnay that I'm sippin' on! Too funny.

Quote Originally Posted by sealevel View Post
    I stopped at boormans in new west today . Ron boorman is telling a customer about a crossbow these are his words .... A crossbow is easy to shoot i would just take you down stairs a couple shots and you are ready for hunting... This is to a guy who new nothing about archery..... I walked out right then
    Shocking, isn't it? Medals, ribbons, and accolades do not a hunter make.

Quote Originally Posted by sealevel View Post
    I stopped at boormans in new west today . Ron boorman is telling a customer about a crossbow these are his words .... A crossbow is easy to shoot i would just take you down stairs a couple shots and you are ready for hunting... This is to a guy who new nothing about archery..... I walked out right then
    Shocking, I guess to make a sale everything goes. No wonder some hunters think of the crossbow as the magical tool for hunting if they are told crap like that by a so called pro.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

Huntwriter-- You seem to think your opinion is right????????????

"Are Crossbows archery equipment"

Not according to no socks...
    Don't worry about a pandemic, stupidity is spreading way faster

Quote Originally Posted by Onesock View Post
    Huntwriter-- You seem to think your opinion is right????????????
    Nope – It’s an opinion shaped on research and experience. As hard as I looked I just never was able to find a shred of factual evidence that would remotely support all the negative hype surrounding the crossbow.

In no way did I try to belittle you. You have your opinion and I have mien. I meant my remark in good humor.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

Quote Originally Posted by J_T View Post

To Whom It May Concern,

The representatives of 32 state and provincial-level bowhunting organizations met on April 17-18 in Springfield, Missouri at the first “NATIONAL BOWHUNTING SUMMIT”. .

A major issue addressed by the summit attendees was the use of crossbows during archery-only hunting seasons. It was immediately apparent that the attendees were unified as being strongly opposed to the use of crossbows in any bowhunting season.

State and provincial representatives unanimously agreed that crossbows are not bows and should not be allowed in archery-only seasons.

The red words are the key - anti-crossbow hunters representing anti-crossbow sentiment. Get a like-minded bunch locked in the same room for the same purpose and you'll get the same answer. This does not represent the hunter population but only the avid who look to further improve their own opportunities.

Hunters today think about themselves, not the hunter population.

First one to the bottom of the barrel wins.

Somewhat inconsistent that causal information is used to cite American sources and disregarded on other occasions when it does not support the argument of the day. I suppose that's the 'chat' part.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela