Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Veterinarians

Re: Veterinarians

When I was in Vancouver, I used Dr Kevin Shura...he treats all the in-service K9's (as well as retired) for the VPD...he is just incredible...especially with the larger breed dogs- and very well priced. Every person I have passed along to him has been extremely impressed with the service and compassion shown by his team.
    ...No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution...

If you want the prime bush, follow the Dawg...

we have dr Bruce Burton in Abbotsford for our Vet - he is the vet hire for most of the movies filmed with animals as well as the vet for the Vancouver Zoological Centre - he is the kind of vet who is in this field for the animals not for the money grab.

Both my daughters have been so inspired by him that one is in college now getting her Veterinary Assistant license and the other is heading to PG for bachelor of science degree at UNBC then transfer to Saskatchewan for her veterinarian degree after she graduates highschool next year.

With our menagre of animals in our home - Dr Burton was the choice and we are greatful to him.

an example - our dog Sissy (blue heeler) blew out her ccl tendon in her knee (kind of like an athlete and their acl) the big fancy vet in Aldergrove quoted $2500.00 for surgery and $1500.00 for rehabilitation physiotherapy after wards and the surgey would be done at UBC because he didn't have the facility to complete the surgery and other charges would be x-rays and blood work - Dr Burton charged $800.00 for the surgery and $35.00 for physio and trained my daughter how to do Sissy's physio and no x-rays were required or blood work - she had this surgery in May last year was back on her leg in 6 weeks doing what Blue Heelers are bred to do - she came close to being put down because we could not afford the surgery when we had the first quote and were devistated - because of dr Burton, Sissy has a new life and will be with our family for many more years
    Last edited by newhunterette; 03-09-2008 at 03:07 PM.

A Real Southern Canadian Beaver &
    I am Proud to be 100% Canadian "Y'ALL"
    + 110% Redneck Woman "Yehaww"

redneck wedding vow: til huntin season do we part
    watch Alison's Kitchen on "Nice Fish Pro Staff" with Gary Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by LOC View Post
    We use Dr. Surbey at the Clayton Animal Hospital. Good Vet, came recomended from a few vet-techs I know. Best thing is he loves to hear stories of Odin out hunting!
    We use Dr.Surbey at Clayton too. He is an awesome vet and tries to save you money. My dog and my parents 2 dogs go to Dr.Surbey.
    The Rocky Mountains is the Marrow of the World
    "Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. "Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men." "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline."

Does any one know of a good vet looking to relocate. Fort Nelson does not have a vet that lives here. We have to wait every 2 to 3 months for a vet from Alberta to have enough free time to come up for a week end.
    If we can't wait that long then she is a 3 1/2 hrs drive to Fort st John.
    We have lots of cats,dogs,cattle and horses in our area, and would have more if we had propper care.

I've been through several vets here in Richmond and ended up with Dr Shoffley at the Richmond Animal Hospital. I am very happy with the service he has provided. He seems to have a good touch with dogs and he doesn't gouge us for every little thing.
    To warm barrels and cold noses

Quote Originally Posted by coldbuc69 View Post
    Does any one know of a good vet looking to relocate. Fort Nelson does not have a vet that lives here. We have to wait every 2 to 3 months for a vet from Alberta to have enough free time to come up for a week end.
    If we can't wait that long then she is a 3 1/2 hrs drive to Fort st John.
    We have lots of cats,dogs,cattle and horses in our area, and would have more if we had propper care.
    I'm surprised you guys don't have a vet up there with all the folk who have dogs and stock.

Maybe the city can make it worthwhile to recruit a decent vet from down south?

Wolfman
    "didn't want the cabin lookin' like it was built by a boyscout with a dull hatchet."

- Dick Proenneke

I think the amount of money that people make up here the Vet would make tons of money. even if he was alittle more expensive, it would not matter considering that a round trip to Ft St John and a hotel would run about 400.00 bucks.

They say if you want to make money come up north, and if this Horn River Basin gas find plays out, this town could be a new Fort Mac.
    The best part about Fort Nelly is 40 min north and you'er looking @ Stone sheep year round

Quote Originally Posted by coldbuc69 View Post
    I think the amount of money that people make up here the Vet would make tons of money. even if he was alittle more expensive, it would not matter considering that a round trip to Ft St John and a hotel would run about 400.00 bucks.

They say if you want to make money come up north, and if this Horn River Basin gas find plays out, this town could be a new Fort Mac.
    The best part about Fort Nelly is 40 min north and you're looking @ Stone sheep year round

Maybe Fort Nelson needs to advertise for a vet - ya never know.

Funny, you mention Ft. Nelson being a 3.5 hour drive from Ft. St John. For some reason that really surprised me. Dunno why - I guess the first time I drove that way I was going all the way to Whitehorse and the distance between FSJ and Ft. Nelson just seemed...longer

Wolfman
    "didn't want the cabin lookin' like it was built by a boyscout with a dull hatchet."

- Dick Proenneke