Thread: Higdon Goose Decoys

Question Higdon Goose Decoys

Has anybody ever used higdon goose shell decoys? I am looking to buy some new goose shells that come in a six pack. Anybody know any other six pack of goose shells on the market?

Longshot

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Higdon Goose Decoys

check out duckhunter.net if you want some info about the Higdons. Lots of guys on the forum swear by them and there are lots of good pics to look at. There not cheap and I don't know of anywhere in Canada that sells them but I'm sure one of the fanatics at duckhunter can give you some more info. If you are looking for super premium dekes and money is not an issue, check out the Dave Smith Decoys. The DSD's are the nicest dekes I have ever seen, but at $100 a piece, you might have to take out a second morgage the buy a full spread.

NoNoNo not a second mortage on the dsds, lol just no girlfriend to waste all that extra money on. Its not $100 a decoy either, $75 for a honker or $50 for a lesser, you could easily run a spread of just lessers. But to answer part of your question most companies ghg,herters,g&h sell by the dozen but a few do sell by 6 which is what you want.

I guess for your other options, Carrylite has packages that sell 6 shells. Or buying 6 flambeau unless you're looking for something else.
    Last edited by Crazy_Farmer; 03-03-2008 at 06:27 PM.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

WOW!! $75 a decoy is still a lot. I like the Carry Lite standard shells. Good price, the only problem is that it comes by the dozen. Where can you get Carry-Lite standard shells by six? Or is the package of six for magnums only?

Thanks Guys!

Longshot
    Last edited by longshot; 03-03-2008 at 08:07 PM.

Higdon motion shells come in 6 packs and they are a great motion shell within the rig... There is a Store here in Ont that carries them and they ship for a very reasonable cost all across Canada. I do not want to SPAM this site so if you or anyone else is interested in geting this stores info and online ordering site just PM me..

Take a look at the GHG hotbuys, aroudn $100 for a dozen and 4 or 6 come with motion stakes, you could just buy the remaining stakes and have them all wiggling..

I have the snow hotbuy shells and like them quite a bit, hard to beat for the price,

Ian

Longshot , I have 4 dozen Higdon full bodies , 2 Dozen shells , 2 Dozen Bigfoots, 1 Dozen GHG fullbodies and 2 dozen GHG shells . The Higdon are the absolute heaviest. If I was to repurchase my set it would be with all GHG better colors, lighter, and you don,t have to epoxy the legs on .
    If you have any questions about them PM me . Todd