Thread: Value scopes..?

Value scopes..?

Looking to purchase a value scope ($150 and under, give or take) for my upcoming CZ452. Any suggestions? Haven't dipped into the low end of the market very much Preferably with a high max-power (14.5x would be good).
    Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    You can do it buddy! you're a terrific person inside! (just not on the outside)

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Value scopes..?

Well of the more popular brands I would say Bushnell Banner in that $ bracket. Found one cat. price for you.

Banner 4-12x40 Matte, w/AO...$126.50

When I works, I works hard; when I sits, I sits loose; and when I thinks, I falls asleep.

Ahh just what I needed. Thanks Schutzen.

I wanted to try other value brands (Simmons, Barska, etc.) but it's probably safer to go back to the Bushy variety. Used two of their scopes and haven't had a single problem.

I have a banner 4x12 ( my old Banner I got in the nineties packed it in and bushnell sent me a new one ) It isnt bad but it does have its shortcomeings.
    Eye relief is shorter then advertised so depending on ring spaceing it can be an issue . the view is a bit washed out compared to the other banner scopes ( could be the 4x12 ao is the real cheapy of the banner line as it is the one wally world now flogs) but it isnt a bad scope.

You might want to look at the other Banners , in hindsight I should have gone with the 6x18x50 as it was brighter and clearer but it just wouldnt fit the rifle it was going on at the time.
    lots of lower end scopes out there that offer pretty good bang for the buck especially if it is not going on a heavy recoiling rifle

http://www.wholesalesports.com/onlin...category=90000

As I knew my .303 was my first rifle, and beginner rifle and I'd be upgrading to bigger and better later, I put a Bushnell Banner 3-9X40 on mine. At the time $99 from Walmart.....I think they have gone up a bit since then but it seems to do the trick for something in that price range.
    "Know your Land, Know Your Prey" - Mantracker

"I still don’t know why I fish or why other men fish, except that we like it and it makes us think and feel."Roderick Haig-Brown

www.nrgcbc.ca

On a related note, do I just get any 3/8" dovetails rings for the CZ452? Seems like Weaver base doesn't fit on it so my Weaver rings won't work, so...