Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Lets see your monster grouse pics!

Re: Lets see your monster grouse pics!

Quote Originally Posted by Bow Walker View Post
    No pics, but I still remember the day - up in Northwest Bay logging division of M.B. - that I shot a big Ruffed grouse that was sitting atop a dead snag, about 60 yards away.

I had my very first rifle, a .303 that my dad had bought for my 18th birthday, and it had open sights. Well this grouse was facing away from me and I wanted to just pick his head off. I whistled, he/she stuck its head up for a better look and I let loose.

Now, at this time in my hunting/shooting career, I had not a lot of practice so of course i had to shoot a bit low. The bullet must've gone right up the dirt chute because that poor thing just exploded, and I mean it went POOF!!

Not even a drumstick to be found. A few feathers, but that was it. I still remember the sight to this day - 42 years later...
    Thats funny, I still remember one of my first ones, sitting on top of a stump, so get the old 12 ga out, #7 shot and put the bead on his head, BAM, got em', now I look, and look, and look some more, can't find the bugger anywhere! So the stump was chest high and I go right up to it, it was hollow in the center ( About an 10" dia opening) with the grouse inside! Doesn't sound funny writing this but man it was funny at the time!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Found a couple more

Last edited by Paulyman; 03-16-2008 at 11:10 PM.

This is my grouse. Greek garlic grouse

this was my son's first grouse ever, was fall 2006, you can tell by the smile, he was very happy.
    Was in the Allendale lake area in reg 8-9

Last edited by Joe89; 03-20-2008 at 09:07 PM. Reason: making pic work