Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: H&H Nitro Paradox 12 Ga. Double

Re: H&H Nitro Paradox 12 Ga. Double

Thks Mattimoose! I've never even seen a shell for this gun, so that would be interesting. The refurb. was cleaning and polishing the stock and scrollwork, removing an ugly recoil pad and replacing with a black one. The ejector fix I'm not sure about--could be new ones. As mentioned, I've not even fired shot from it.

I have to say that this thread needs pictures!!

The value of this type of gun CAN be severely impacted by any "re-furbishing" as Matti points out and the ...ugly...pad MAY have been an original Silvers which SHOULD have remained on the piece until it was evaluated by a knowlegeable guy. I know a bit about these, but, cannot venture an honest opinion without examining the gun itself and neither can anyone else.

A 1920's Holland in very good shape, all original and a Paradox Gun IS very valuable and should be evaluated professionally. Are you close to Vancouver as I can assist you with this and know some serious collectors here who can give you an honest estimate of worth for your gun. If, interested, PM me here as these people do not want their names made public for obvious reasons and I also know the right guy to work on guns of this type.

Thanks Kutenay! The recoil pad was an ugly red one--I can't imagine it being a good/antique one. I'm heading north soon. I promise pics and I'll PIM you if I can bring the Nitro to Van Thanks again.

Well, the correct Silvers pad IS red and do NOT do anything else to this gun until someone who knows highend guns checks it over. A Silvers pad CAN be retro-fitted and the value of these guns DEPENDS on original condition, a minty one like this is worth in excess of $20,000.

I will examine it, no obligation of course and I am not trying to buy it as I have too many guns now; I am fairly certain I can correctly date and value it and then I have the other resources I mentioned. I am interested in highend guns and enjoy looking at them.

I'll dig around my Handloader magazines to find the Seyfried article. It was very interesting.

IIRC he ended up using a paper hulled shotgun case and a round ball.

Glad Kutes chimed in, I was going to suggest sending him a PM.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!