Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: H&H Nitro Paradox 12 Ga. Double

H&H Nitro Paradox 12 Ga. Double

I have a 12 Gauge made in 1920 by Holland and Holland/England. I inherited from a friend who died. I had it totally re-conditioned (stock plus recoil pad and new ejectors--otherwise it's mint original.) Top few inches is rifled for slugs or lead shells (like a nitro express I suppose) Has fold down 50, 100, 150 yard sights. Scroll work is silver with gold inlay for the word "safety", and a few other spots. It's presently stored or I'd post pictures. How would one find the value of such a shotgun. (P.S.--H&H confirmed mfctr. date from the serial number-London Gunroom)

2. Site Sponsor

Re: H&H Nitro Paradox 12 Ga. Double

You've got yourself a very special firearm.

Ross Seyfried wrote an excellent article on the paradox guns a few years back.

Make sure you don't sell that gun off for cheap
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

They were meant to fire a brass case, not your usual paper or plastic case.
    As to value H&H have just reintroduced them and are asking $35,175 pounds sterling.
    Recently a 1909 model was for sale @ $18,500.00 US, and another was $29,000.00. I would think your best bet would be to send pictures and details to H&H and ask for their apraisal.
    When I works, I works hard; when I sits, I sits loose; and when I thinks, I falls asleep.

Thanks for the info. I'm also concerned about insuring it for more dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by 308Lover View Post
    Thanks for the info. I'm also concerned about insuring it for more dollars.
    I can understand that!
    You can always put an arbitrary figure on it say $30,000.00 for now and see where that takes you for insurance costs. After you get the actual value figured you can adjust the policy accordingly.
    When I works, I works hard; when I sits, I sits loose; and when I thinks, I falls asleep.

Hope you can get some pictures for us at a later date would be very interested to see your piece of history in the flesh as it were. :>)

i no a little about these guns they were used for big game in africa and asia around the turn of the century. they were a break through in hunting technology with the alternatives being heavy large calibre shotguns[8gauge,6gauge] these made it possible to hunt with a little more acuracy.im suprised they still made them in 1920 what with the invention and mass production of full centrefire rifles ,you should definately contact h&h through there website and get there tel no. ring there london office in brutton street were you will get topnotch advice sounds like your in for a windfall congrats

Daniel
    They actually are producing them now, according to the info on the site.

Thumbs up Re: H&H Nitro Paradox 12 Ga. Double

Very Nice Rifle !
    & shotgun if you wanna be picky !

Interested in trading for a left nut ?
    Last edited by Will; 02-16-2008 at 10:20 PM.

not surprised schutzen theres a market today in the old values and techniches of the past [for example muzzleloading]