Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Who makes the best hunting cloths?

Re: Who makes the best hunting cloths?

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    It really depends what you're doing with these cloths.
    Take dish washing for instance........you need something with an open weave for extra scrubbing action....while for Face cloths most prefer a really soft material.

I can ask the wife which cloth is best and get back to you.......

I can't stop chuckling over the response, well done!
    Their steaks, roasts and burger to me! Tom

I use the Rivers West Outfitter jacket/pants. I agree, they don't breath well if you're hiking through the bush but this gear is very quiet, it keeps me dry and warm while I'm out using my quad for hunting and it's really durable material. Both my jacket and pants have zipper vents under the arms and up the side of the leg so these help for keeping me cool.

If it's warmer and not too rainy, I just wear a light camo, pullover fleece with a long sleeve and I'll bring a few extra layers as well just in case it cools down. Overall, I am really happy with my Riverswest gear. As far as the camo pattern is concerned....I tend to like it. I use mossy oak break-up.
    Originally posted by Yappy Yoodle Dog 02/04/08

Another question : Is it possible for me to re-take my CORE and get another hunter number so I can buy two hunting licenses and double my chances of killing something?

I'm very interested in the Sitka Gear. I find their product expensive too but seem to me excellent quality.

I wrote to Sitka about their outer layer. He's what I asked and the reply.

Call of the Wild

Hi ,

I learn about your product on a British Columbia hunting forum, Canada. Your stuff looks exactly what I知 looking to buy for this hunting season. I知 very interested to buy some pants and coat for my mule deer, elk and moose hunt coming this autumn. I知 an Alberta hunter who pursues trophy class animals. I already have gear for our COLD November white tail hunt. I need some thing for September and October, something quiet and water proof, don't need insulation at that time and if need to I'll just put a jacket under.

First I would like a more details description of the Sitka Mountain Pants, Sitka Downpour Pants, Sitka 90% Pant and Sitka 90% Jacket, Sitka Downpour Jacket in the outer layers section. Is the 90% layers and the Downpour layers difference is insulation?

I知 looking to buy this year an outer layer that will be water proof, wind proof and QUIET material. Your product is very interesting but I don稚 know exactly what would suit my needs. Your other layers seem to be very good but my budget will only allow me the outer layer for now. If I知 satisfied I値l be looking to buy other product for sure.

Mikael

From Sitka

Mikael-

Sitka痴 founders set out to bring the benefits of the mountaineering industry's technologies and fabrics to the hunting world. To make our layering system perform optimally you must keep your core dry. In order to do that it is important to use our base layer under any of our outer layers. We employed a bi-component fabric in our base layers to wick moisture from the inside to the outside and keep you dry. This keeps you warm when it is cold and cool when it is warm.

For your outer layer, our Down Pour Jacket and Pant are 100% water proof (life time guarantee) rain membranes that weigh in at just over 32 ounces put together. They are highly pack able, breathable, and extremely durable. The perfect conditions to wear the Down Pour Gear is heavy rain, snow, or wind.

Our soft shell 90% Jacket and Pants are coated with a Durable Water Proof finish that can with stand a light rain or snow and or heavy wind. You will find that the 90% Gear is quieter than the Down Pour Gear due to it being soft shell.

In conclusion, if you are looking for something to keep you dry in light moisture conditions than go with the 90% Gear. If you are looking for a 100% water proof rain shell than go with the Down Pour pants and Jacket.

Please let us know if we answered your questions completely and clearly and if there is anything else that we can do for you.

Thank you for choosing Sitka.

I have the cabelas Berber fleece jacket and went hunting for elk in late september and got snowed on. the snow just seemed to sit on top and with a quick shake it pretty much all came off then dried quickley in the boat. Then I recieved the whitetall jacket for my birthday and hunted deer in Fort St John in late November and was not cold once. I got the bibs for christmas and also the MT050 packable rain gear.(don't know if the wife loves me or just wants me out of the house. lol ) One of the most important pieces of clothing I have is the Browning hydrofleece Gators, they keep the bottom of you're pants dry and you can walk through creeks and some marshy places without the fear of getting a boot full.

I have Set of Sitka Stormfront, and some other Sitka as layers in Open Country Pattern they are best IMO
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lco-vbIUOK0
    Where I walk, everything appears in grey...Loosen all hope, you who confronts me!

Sitka was my number one choice but First Lite is my go to clothing now.

I’ve always used thrift store or surplus wool and fleece. Maybe Costco pants in the early season.
    Id love to try some higher end cloths but I just can’t get over the price. Plus my Swedish surplus wool pants are the most comfortable I own.

Kuiu, but they weren’t around when this thread started...lol.

Early season gear is First Lite, my mid season gear is Sitka and my winter gear is Under Armour.

First Lite