Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Puppies!

Puppies!

Hey all.

Just started the adoption process on a new family member!

He's just three weeks old so I gotta wait a bit - but I'm sure he's gonna make an excellent bush dog! Hes a Chesapeake Bay/Golden retriever cross - both parents are purebreds.

Any other new 'parents' out there?

Wolfman

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/PUPPY.jpg

"didn't want the cabin lookin' like it was built by a boyscout with a dull hatchet."

- Dick Proenneke

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Puppies!

Congrats! Adorable looking pup. Chessies are great (folks have one) and crossed with a golden, I don't think you can go wrong.

Are there any of those pups left, if so where are they and how much do they cost?

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    Are there any of those pups left, if so where are they and how much do they cost?
    Hey.

I lucked out on this one. Lucked out big time.

I was looking for pups on-line - kinda casual like, with no real hard core searching or anything, and I came across this lady in Grande Prairie who had some pups for adoption. I took a chance and e-mailed her and found that out of the eight there were only two left.

... and by the time she decided to adopt one to me - mine was the last one,.

She was adopting them out on behalf of this old timer who wasn't very internet savvy and who wanted to give the pups out free to good homes.
    I have a buddy in Dawson Creek going up to pick him up when he's eight weeks, then I'm either driving up to Dawson to get him or I'll have him flown down to Vancouver.

The lady basically asked me all kinds of questions and then later let me know that she wanted me to have one of the pups. All he's costing me is gas or airfare and a case of beer for my home-boy
    Darren, up in the Creek

I got really lucky on this one - kinda like the guy who gets a vintage car, in mint condition on the cheap, from the little old lady who only drove it to church on Sundays

Regards - and good puppy hunting.

Wolfman
    "didn't want the cabin lookin' like it was built by a boyscout with a dull hatchet."

- Dick Proenneke

Congrats on the new pup!

My wife is flying in to Dawson tomorrow. Too bad the timing wasn't different she could do the last leg of the journy for you.
    "Everything comes to him who hustles while he waits"
    Thomas A. Edison

"Sometimes ya gotta let your dog find you"

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Congrats on the new pup!

My wife is flying in to Dawson tomorrow. Too bad the timing wasn't different she could do the last leg of the journy for you.

Well, thanks very much Phil - I appreciate the thought!

I figure the wee lad won't be ready till the first or second
    week of march though

Regards

Wolfman

- Dick Proenneke

That will make a good family pet and outdoor companion,

Good lookin pup, congrats, nice to hear the rottie got the shaft...

Quote Originally Posted by Brambles View Post
    That will make a good family pet and outdoor companion,

Good lookin pup, congrats, nice to hear the rottie got the shaft...
    Yeah, I reconsidered the rottie - wanted a dog who would be a safe family member as well as one who would get along with my other dog

Wolfman

- Dick Proenneke

hey wolfie,
    Congrats!! We are expecting, pups on the ground April 10th. Pure bred labs from Hunt Test lines. We are keeping one bitch. check out the info in the gear for sale forum, or the open topic forum. Again congrats on your new pup.
    Blacktailaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Islandeer View Post
    hey wolfie,
    Congrats!! We are expecting, pups on the ground April 10th. Pure bred labs from Hunt Test lines. We are keeping one bitch. check out the info in the gear for sale forum, or the open topic forum. Again congrats on your new pup.
    Hey there.

Well we are finally picking up our wee lad at the airport on Sunday. We've been waiting for him to get old enough to leave his mom, and he's finally on the way. My 6 year old daughter has been going nuts with the wait

Wolfman

- Dick Proenneke