Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting lions

Re: Hunting lions

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    YYD make sure you get several "clips" for your gun, you will want to load and fire rapidly- You need to get some lead in the air!!
    gate we had a u tube video of a lion hunt on here , i cant find it. the one where the lion knocks the hunter to the ground after being shot by a canon. maybe he should watch it

Quote Originally Posted by wsm View Post
    gate we had a u tube video of a lion hunt on here , i cant find it. the one where the lion knocks the hunter to the ground after being shot by a canon. maybe he should watch it
    just finished watching that on when animals attack on TV a few minutes ago.
    I'm just here to provide moral support......Hey nice (insert animal here)congrats.

In memory of you dad..."you always leave a campsite cleaner then when you found it"

There's only one thing in life that constitutes insanity..... continuing to do the same thing you have been doing but expecting different results.

Also, nice shot on the crow!
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

I do know 1 thing...Your Mama & Papa are cousins maybe even sista/brotha.

wow, he had to be from surrey eh, I think a .22 behind the ear should be sufficient for lions, that way you can avoid recoil altogether.
    "Using your legs to go up a road is called walking, not hiking and if you have a gun over your shoulder or a bow in hand it's called road hunting."
    -Goat Guy. Dec 3/09.

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy Yoodle Dog View Post
    has anyone got an answer why a lion, from africa, couldnt be transplanted to BC? would they die in the winters? Man, that would be sweet if we had more animals to hunt here in BC than we do now.
    Yeah, that sounds like a great idea
    May as well bring some elephants back too, they will fit right in .... maybe drop them off up north to give the polar bears something new to eat

first time replying, laughung so bloody hard with tears in my eyes its hard to type

Good Luck Yappy

Quote Originally Posted by wsm View Post
    take that 270 and 130gr up toward squamish somewhere this spring and shoot the first lone black bear you see. let me know how it works out for you. then decide if your ready for a lion
    Don't send him my way!!! Somebody that'll shoot at anything that moves...that's the last thing I need to deal with when camping!!!

Please no body give him a 10/22!!!

Don't feel too bad by the way we're just having some fun with this but realistically it would be wise to have some experience with shooting at a live animal before trying one that can rip you into itty bitty bits while your trackers run away. Also I shoot a 270 and would confidently dump anything on this continent with it except a polar bear a cat thats bigger than most grizzly bears is not something you wan't to be shooting with a light caliber. Try not to let your feelings get hurt sometimes its easy for people with experience to get a kick out of the new guy but don't worry we've all been new to this once apon a time. Nobody's out to hurt your feelings just make sure you do your research first. I have buddies that have been to africa and had a blast without risking getting flayed alive by simba. Hope that helps.

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. Yappy, are you for frikin' real??? You think because you passed your core and shot a crow...you're ready to go hunt lions in Africa...lol? Wow! I think BC long shot is right...you're playing too many video games and smoking too much of something. And yeah, what 115 said about being nice and stuff....but you kind of walked into this one.