Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting lions

Re: Hunting lions

I think whoever gave the present doesn't like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy Yoodle Dog View Post
    my uncle gave me some 130 grain power shock ammo and according to what I have read, that is suitable for thin skinned game like lion
    I think you should look up some sites about hunting in Africa. You will find lots of info as to what calibers are recommended. I'm sure that a requirement for Lions is a min. of 375 cal., and about a 450gr or more bullet.
    "Hunting" is selective harvesting of organically grown, free ranging meat, achieved by placing a good bullet in a vital spot. !!!

Yappy Yoodle Dog Guest

lol my whole family pinched in. It is an awesome gift, I have dreamed of Africa since I saw the Lion King when I was a kid.

I shot my brothers 30-06 and it kicked alot. It doesnt have a cushion on it and it really bruised my arm. No way I am going to shoot a bigger gun

Yappy How big do them male lions get? Cause if you shoot a holland and holland it could kick pretty hard what about flinching? Jel kick

Go away !

To Africa

Take pictures and have somebody mail them back, good luck.
    I'm just here to provide moral support......Hey nice (insert animal here)congrats.

In memory of you dad..."you always leave a campsite cleaner then when you found it"

There's only one thing in life that constitutes insanity..... continuing to do the same thing you have been doing but expecting different results.

Yappy Yoodle Dog Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    Yappy How big do them male lions get? Cause if you shoot a holland and holland it could kick pretty hard what about flinching? Jel kick
    Id imagine a lion would weigh at least as much as I do, even more. I saw one in the zoo in Toronto, and it was magnificent. When I passed my CORE I knew I had to fulfill my dream of bagging an african lion.

Has anyone read the book "Death in the long grass"? the writer shoots many lions with 7mm which I believe is less powerful than my 270.

I not sure but I think you are an experienced fisherman.
    Last edited by Blk Arrow; 02-03-2008 at 09:21 PM. Reason: spelling
    For every person with a spark of genius............. there are a hundred with ignition trouble!!!

You might want to hunt a few years and get some experience. By the sounds of things your going to get yourself in a lot of trouble. If you get the right gun, recoil pad and practice good shooting techniques the problems with fear of recoil will go away...Good Luck.

Yoodle you type good in fact quite well. Why not try a Grizz hunt first, they are big too and could be a great challenge, unless your just pulling our legs?