Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting lions

Re: Hunting lions

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    The moderators are there to help me out and they must have missed it as well. No one contacted me or the moderators or used the report a post function in this thread so no one picked up on it until now.

This thread has now been moved to it's proper forum section.

Marc.
    Your moderators are well represented on the thread. Gatehouse replied 9 times. Elkhound 4. Timberhunter 1 .
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Where are you Yappy , you haven't chimed in for a while, are you doing your homework? Want to go bow hunting polar bear with me when you get home from lion huntin, i was hoping you and your 270 could back me up.

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    Your moderators are well represented on the thread. Gatehouse replied 9 times. Elkhound 4. Timberhunter 1 .
    maybe the mods click 'new posts' at the top of the forum instead of sorting through sub forums?
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Yappy, you ROCK !!! Don't let these guys drag you down, think BIG .

Have you ever heard of the African Big 5 ? Now that's the measure of a great hunter. Take that .270 out of the box and get going.

I've been in the same bush with a leopard, you never see them but they are there, you need big cahonies for this.

Your lion hunt will be organized for you but I have a few tips.
    1) Forget the scope on your rifle, you hunt with open sights and they are factory sighted as well.
    2) Take the scope off and go the Vancouver zoo and look at the bearded guy so that you know what you will have to shoot because when it happens its all a blurr
    3) don't worry about your scent, when the bearded guy comes through the bush is will smells like Chillawack around you. ( eat lots of garlic the night before that might help when you miss)
    4) Get the biggest gun you can get your hands on. If you don't have the money take your brothers 22 and your uncles 30-06 and buddies 7mm and duct tape them all side by side with your 270. Line up the triggers so that you can pull them all at the same time. Don't worry about the recoil or the sound, everything happens in slow motion at that time.
    5) You have to find the Kudu first then your skills are honed.
    6) Last tip. Don't mingle with the locals too much, you will come back with seafood if your lucky

Good luck man I hope you make it.

i cant believe i read that all. lol

I can, its classic lol
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

Well guys, this has been fun, but it's time to shut it down. The mods were testing some programs and asked YYD to help us out a bit.

He did a great job, it's been very helpful.

When we saw how much humour we were getting from this thread, we decided to let it run.

Hope everyone enjoyed it- I was laughing out loud repeatedly.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

I was re reading this thread, and just HAD to open it up and give it a bump. It's hilarious....

Enjoy, everyone.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

My God Man.........

This was one of the best threads on the internet