Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting lions

Re: Hunting lions

I love you Yappy Yoodle Dod ,you are my man ,keep her coming ,I'm learning things from you I never thought about before.
    Last edited by hunter1947; 02-04-2008 at 05:11 PM.

Dude, a 270 is a cannon. Return it! Get yourself a 243, now that's a gun. Get her done!

Ketchika and I work as a team...
    Hows about two of them McHappy meals???

I gots a book on marksmanship that I no longer need and am willing to trade
    Would love to meet ya and shoot the ****.

Can I try a piece of the Lion???? (Rishu... best get talking to Grand-Pappy).
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ------------------------------> ------------------------v
    Last edited by Mr. Dean; 02-04-2008 at 05:04 PM.

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean

So whats your hunting method? Road hunting, hike etc.. should be interesting as those big males can reach 750lbs! so you better do it right or you might be in his litter box!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve View Post
    If dana is lurking out there he's gonna be really miffed that this thread has been left in the "Mainland Hunting Forum"!!

SSS
    My Momma always said that two wrongs don't make a right......this thread remaining in mainland hunting suggest that the calibre of folks running the site are no better than the fellow they banned.....
    The fact that the largest deer thread has remained suggest the same....I though they had a reason but I guess not.
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Hey Yappy

If those factory loads kick too much for you. Get someone to load up some really light loads for that 270. Shoot one or two to see where they hit, then go hunting.

I'd just take one box of 20 rnds on safari with you. Only need one shot per animal, so there's no need to pack all that extra weight is there.
    JB flang is my hero.

Moose guide infamous quote.
    "when you shoot em just right their feathers go puff"

This thread is good..Dana got Banned?

Quote Originally Posted by springpin View Post
    This thread is good..Dana got Banned?
    Just for a couple of days, I think his suspension is lifted tonight, the rest is up to him....

And I agree, this thread is awesome, especially the questions about TWO BC hunting licenses, CORE, etc.
    Last edited by Gateholio; 02-04-2008 at 07:04 PM.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    My Momma always said that two wrongs don't make a right......this thread remaining in mainland hunting suggest that the calibre of folks running the site are no better than the fellow they banned.....
    The fact that the largest deer thread has remained suggest the same....I though they had a reason but I guess not.
    Dana's been trying my patience for a while now and I was fed up of it. I gave him a two day time out. That's mild considering I usually give two weeks for the first offense. He had been told that if he didn't like the way things were ran to go visit somewhere else but he insisted to continue.

I can't be on here 24 hours a day 7 days a week to monitor the site. I read this thread and never picked up on it being in the wrong forum section so I'll take the blame. The moderators are there to help me out and they must have missed it as well. No one contacted me or the moderators or used the report a post function in this thread so no one picked up on it until now.

This thread has now been moved to it's proper forum section.

Marc.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Yappy, we want you on our team!!! I think you could well be The hunter to Reckon with this coming season!!! You got Grit, lots of Grit! We here in the "Tang" like your Style, and with your kill record i think some of us could learn a thing or 2 from you!!!Your Going for Lion!!! You got Balls!!! I like that, you could spend countless hours and days and years like some of us in pursuit of lesser game , but your going for Lion!!! I like that more!!! When you get back from your Africa trip, you can simply pick and choose who you want to hunt with!!! Would be neat to maybe see you Hookup with some of these folks from this site!!! Hell, most would be proud to have you jump in the truck for the 10 hr drive to hunting camp!!! I bet as we speak Milo Hanson is teary eyed knowing his record buck is going to be De Throned when you return!!! Good Luck Yappy, were looking forward to hearing all the details of the "270"LION Hunt!!! Also, when you get your Photo's taken with your Lion, don't wear your work clothes or your hat! Why advertise for Micky D's!!! Good Luck Buddy. M.Dean.