Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Hunting lions

Re: Hunting lions

In this time of Wuhan Flu, lets take a moment to revisit a classic HBC thread.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    In this time of Wuhan Flu, lets take a moment to revisit a classic HBC thread.
    Lmao. Thanks Gate. One of the few threads I like to see resurrected

Ha! Forgot about this one, should be a good distraction rrom things.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

This was a dandy thread......
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Does anybody know if Yappy ever got his lion?
    "Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because you agree with it"
    -Abraham Lincoln

This has nothing to do with hunting lions, but it's in Namibia . I'm being guided on a trek after black rhinos. We are travelling in one of Land Cruiser safari rigs through this nice little valley. I ask the guide why wasn't there native farms. He said lions. They would only have few cows and the loss of one was a big deal.

I was in Namibia,,we were on our way to hunt Oryx in the Kalahari,,we drove into camp thru a high fence. I said,,we arnt hunting a fenced area are we? The guide said the fence was to keep lions out of camp,,still didnt sleep well that first night. BTW,,there was a lion hunter in camp,,I got to tag along when he got his lion,,one of my greatest experiences,

Quote Originally Posted by Whiterock View Post
    I was in Namibia,,we were on our way to hunt Oryx in the Kalahari,,we drove into camp thru a high fence. I said,,we arnt hunting a fenced area are we? The guide said the fence was to keep lions out of camp,,still didnt sleep well that first night. BTW,,there was a lion hunter in camp,,I got to tag along when he got his lion,,one of my greatest experiences,
    Did he use a Rem 710 in .270 Winchester?
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Oryx taste good. I cooked some steaks on a braai, (BBQ). We were a self guided, self driven safari. A 4x4 with a roof top tent. I was hoping to hear lions roaring, hyenas laughing, and jackals singing while laying in bed. Only got to hear the Jackals singing. But we did see lions and hyenas. Leopards come through camps at night. One camp site in the middle of nowhere had warning about them. Baboons can cause a mess. I carried a slingshot and pellets. In fact the fences around the concession houses were mostly for them.

The sling shot you had was a better weapon than the Rem 710.
    Last edited by kolofardos; 05-20-2021 at 01:06 PM.
    "Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because you agree with it"
    -Abraham Lincoln