Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: Hunting lions

Re: Hunting lions

Quote Originally Posted by field marshal View Post
    You wouldn't be into the "sauce" tonite would you Marv??? You missed your calling you could have been Canada's greatest humourist??
    I can't believe I read the whole bloody thread again???--Cheers--Field Marshal.
    No Sauce, just bored!!! I'd bet some of the new members are going to love this Video!!! I'm having some trouble getting the Video of Yappy from "Beta" onto my VHR, then, if I can get that, I'll down load it to CD, put it on my P/C, then, hopefully post it on here!!! But, I'm having a heck of a time, seems I've only got I plug in here that works, so I'm running a extension cord over from the neighbors place, and he's a good 1/4 miles across the field from my place! So, as long as the horse don't start chew'in on the dam this again, I should have the Video for all to see here in no time!!! So, don't get your undies in a knot!!! It'll be worth the wait, believe me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by M.Dean View Post
    No Sauce, just bored!!! I'd bet some of the new members are going to love this Video!!! I'm having some trouble getting the Video of Yappy from "Beta" onto my VHR, then, if I can get that, I'll down load it to CD, put it on my P/C, then, hopefully post it on here!!! But, I'm having a heck of a time, seems I've only got I plug in here that works, so I'm running a extension cord over from the neighbors place, and he's a good 1/4 miles across the field from my place! So, as long as the horse don't start chew'in on the dam this again, I should have the Video for all to see here in no time!!! So, don't get your undies in a knot!!! It'll be worth the wait, believe me!!!

Rumor has it, this is it
    ...No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution...

If you want the prime bush, follow the Dawg...

Now, wasn't that worth the wait??? Thanks Dawg!!! Now, I hope this will prove, to all, that Yappy ain't no "Girlie Man", he's what "Real Men" are made of!!! Maybe now, if he's not on some other Exotic Hunt, some where in the World, he could find some time to grace the pages of HBC again, and maybe share some of his Unbelievable Hunting Tales with us Mortals! I can't wait!

I'm sure a bottle of Wisers is all it would take!
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless

Just read this thru after seeing it referenced in a 'best of HBC' thread. Omfg awesome.

It is one of the best!!

There have been a few over the years that warrant a read every few years!

has anyone ever hunted grouse in Africa?...do you need LEH tags for grouse like we do here?

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...ht=grouse+tags

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy Yoodle Dog View Post
    my uncle gave me some 130 grain power shock ammo and according to what I have read, that is suitable for thin skinned game like lion
    Uncle bartell was so thoughtful.............epic thread !
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

All kidding aside guys,,in the 60s, an american named Bob Lee shot 9 lions with a .270 in his hunting career,,the 10th one killed him. His death had a big part in the .375 Min. for dangerous game rule in Africa. Does his record indicate the .270 is adequate for lion? I was an obsererver on an African lion hunt,,and you wouldnt catch me chasing those things with a .270!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiterock View Post
    All kidding aside guys,,in the 60s, an american named Bob Lee shot 9 lions with a .270 in his hunting career,,the 10th one killed him. His death had a big part in the .375 Min. for dangerous game rule in Africa. Does his record indicate the .270 is adequate for lion? I was an obsererver on an African lion hunt,,and you wouldnt catch me chasing those things with a .270!
    270 was good 9/10 or 90% of the time he hunted lions....90 % is pretty good heheheh...kinda like Russian roulette with a 10 shot revolver...