Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: Hunting lions

Re: Hunting lions

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy Yoodle Dog View Post
    corner of King George and 64th - are you going to show up and see if I can get you a free meal? lol you can have my dinner on Thursday I work from 4 till 9

Yappy was so generous
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

legendary

Lorne
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

Quote Originally Posted by lorneparker1 View Post
    legendary

Lorne
    x2
    this and TWSH's sheep hunt.......

Quote Originally Posted by 835 View Post
    x2
    this and TWSH's sheep hunt.......
    X3!!!! good reads!

I cant believe I read through this entire thread. I have never a 24 page thread in its entirety before...
    Also I was hoping Yappy would return somewhere along the line

Bring Yappy Back!
    Last edited by DeepJeep; 01-31-2018 at 03:45 PM.

270 160 grain nozler partition will kill anything stupid enough to stand in front of it out to 500 yards. I have proved this a thousand times over.

Petros65 Guest

Agreed 100% ---- but there is the small matter of the minutes between the shooting and the dying part that can create a bit of stir. Lions are exceptionally robust and unless you manage a brain shot the cat will find you and hurt you (a lot ---- really a lot). Unless of course it's one of those tailored, canned hunting trips, then yup a .270 will be perfect. In Africa animals hurt hunters that don't use enough rifle.
    Quote Originally Posted by boblly1 View Post
    270 160 grain nozler partition will kill anything stupid enough to stand in front of it out to 500 yards. I have proved this a thousand times over.

I am so glad to hear that your uncle Charles is still around to give you sound advice and that the Darwin family is doing well! I think the 270 is perfect for a lion, video gaming is great preparation for a hunt in Africa, you should start breaking in your boots while playing. Don't forget, the last training session on the screen has to be with your real gun! Ammo? you really only need a few rounds, one to sight in, then one er animal. In reality nobody takes less than 20 boxes for 2 weeks. Please don't hesitate to ask here if you have any further questions, there are loads of experienced Africa -hunters here who'd are more than happy to keep you out of trouble!

And don’t forget sunscreen!!
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    The 270 with a 130gr pill is a fine African Lion cartridge, and you can do no better than the Remngton 710, a fine rifle. Have fun on your trip!
    Years ago , the only firearm used was the old 303 British and it took more game than any other firearm did back in the old days !!