Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: End of Canadian Whitetail season in Saskatchewan

Re: End of Canadian Whitetail season in Saskatchewan

very interesting read. Having lived in northern B.C for 15yrs and have a hard time swallowing the non rez tag fees and that strict hosting rules( non res can not carry a rifle when not in the presence of the host.) Sask gov't better do there home work and see what they will loss in $$ from out of province hunters before committing to a host rule or guides only.
    I would spend more money on tags if B.C and Alberta got rid of the HOST rule.
    Tikka s-less .308

If they want to end non-resident hunting in SK, let them, it is their province.

The game of BC does not belong to Canada, it belongs to BC, therefore the people of BC get to make the rules of who can hunt here or not and under what conditions.

Interesting topic, indeed. I have only ever hunted in Sask., which is my home, so can't speak with any experience about hunting elsewhere. However, I do see the effects of "outfitters" at our local level. Despite claims that they bring in zillions of dollars to our local economy, it is likely that we could struggle along without them. I have come to know several American goose hunters over the years, and some don't use outfitters. If these hunters are able to make their way up here without a "guide", it seems they can also make their way hunting without a "guide". At least locally, the "outfitters" scrap amongst themselves, vying for the opportunity to hose the foreign hunters. I know that all outfitters don't behave this way, so don't waste bandwidth flaming me. I don't see why a Canadian resident would need a guide around here, other than to gain access to hunting priviledges on private land. Just my two bits worth.
    If there ain't a gun range in heaven, then I'm going to hell!!

Quote Originally Posted by Seeadler View Post
    If they want to end non-resident hunting in SK, let them, it is their province.

The game of BC does not belong to Canada, it belongs to BC, therefore the people of BC get to make the rules of who can hunt here or not and under what conditions.
    ya your right .. stay out . we need to shoot more wolrd record whitetail.
    Tikka s-less .308

All I can say is;

if we need guides to hunt in SK
    they should need guides to hunt in BC

Quote Originally Posted by huntwriter View Post
    I am totally in favor that non-Canadian residents should be guided either by an outfitter or local hunter by invitation. But Canadians should be able to hunt all over Canada without having to enlist the services of an outfitter or a local hunter.

Absolutely!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by huntwriter View Post
    I am totally in favor that non-Canadian residents should be guided either by an outfitter or local hunter by invitation. But Canadians should be able to hunt all over Canada without having to enlist the services of an outfitter or a local hunter.
    I agree with this! I don't see why we can't hunt the rest of this great country, It would sure encourage me to visit other parts of Canada more frequently.
    "I would rather be judged by twelve than carried by six"

I for one would love to be able to go to a ''Bed and Breakfast'' on a farm in Saskatchewan and shoot a deer-and if farmers were allowed to do this-it might give them some off season revenue-plus making some good friends.

Quote Originally Posted by dukester View Post
    very interesting read. Having lived in northern B.C for 15yrs and have a hard time swallowing the non rez tag fees and that strict hosting rules( non res can not carry a rifle when not in the presence of the host.) Sask gov't better do there home work and see what they will loss in $$ from out of province hunters before committing to a host rule or guides only.
    I would spend more money on tags if B.C and Alberta got rid of the HOST rule.
    If you lived in Northern bc for 15 years why not just take the core and hunt like everyone else you only have to be here 6 months of the year. I got my win card when I worked in Alberta.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizGuy92 View Post
    All I can say is;

if we need guides to hunt in SK
    they should need guides to hunt in BC
    They already do.