Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eberlestock Packs?

Re: Eberlestock Packs?

I have a J105 and have nothing but praise for Eberlestock. It by far is the best pack I've ever had. It fits snug as a day pack and then when the trigger is pulled and game is on the ground, it opens up to be one hell of a meat pack. I've used it on numerous occasions thus far and it definately holds more meat than I physically can carry. I ordered straight from Eberlestock and had it at my door in less than 4 business days. With the high Canadian dollar, it might be just as easy ordering straight from them instead of using Wholesale if you can't make it to the Kamloops store.

I second Dana on this one order it right from the company. Great person to deal with and tell him you read about it on here. I told him about the website when I ordered mine and he was pleased to hear that his packs were getting such great reviews.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Quote Originally Posted by bighornbob View Post
    Not sure if they will ship to Vancouver. They will probably want you to order through Calgary and I have heard that can be a gong show.

If not give them a call and see if you can pay for it over the phone by CC and I can pick it up and box it and ship it collect on Greyhound if you want.

BHB

I ordered some stuff through Wholesale about a year ago. Did not have any issue with the shipping....and that was in December during the Christmas rush.

Now that they are in Kamloops and have family near there, it's just a day trip with a reward at the end.
    Last edited by .303; 02-01-2008 at 10:47 PM.
    "Know your Land, Know Your Prey" - Mantracker

"I still don’t know why I fish or why other men fish, except that we like it and it makes us think and feel."Roderick Haig-Brown

www.nrgcbc.ca

Quote Originally Posted by bighornbob View Post
    Not sure if they will ship to Vancouver. They will probably want you to order through Calgary and I have heard that can be a gong show.

If not give them a call and see if you can pay for it over the phone by CC and I can pick it up and box it and ship it collect on Greyhound if you want.

BHB
    Bighornbob thanx alot for the offer. My birthday is in a week. Gonna see what I get first. Hope someone got me an Eberlestock pack!!! If that fails I'll try calling them and I'll price out the difference between shipping direct versus wholesale. Thanx again for the offer, very kind of yeah!

I'm glad to hear that these packs are such good quality. It's always nice to know that you're not getting a piece of Sh!t of a product.

Thanx,
    Plincker

Here's a pic of me this past fall with my son's entire 4x3 muley deboned in the J105.

The heaviest load I packed out was my 07 muley. It was a very big bodied SOB. I deboned it completely and was able to put the entire deer, encluding head and cape in the pack. I could barely walk with that amount of weight on my back. It certainly was the heaviest weight I've ever packed. I made it about 100 metres and decided I had to do 2 trips because I was going to hurt myself if I kept going like that. The pack wasn't straining with all that weight though. I was very very impressed.

Great photo Dana. ihave always usedexternalframes,and use the Alaskan from Cabellas now. Are the internals rigidenough for quarters? they look comfy for the back.
    Blacktailaholic

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    Here's a pic of me this past fall with my son's entire 4x3 muley deboned in the J105.

The heaviest load I packed out was my 07 muley. It was a very big bodied SOB. I deboned it completely and was able to put the entire deer, encluding head and cape in the pack. I could barely walk with that amount of weight on my back. It certainly was the heaviest weight I've ever packed. I made it about 100 metres and decided I had to do 2 trips because I was going to hurt myself if I kept going like that. The pack wasn't straining with all that weight though. I was very very impressed.
    That would be a heavy load dana .probably close to your own weight
    Midnight toker

It ain't how BIG ya are, it's how tight yer wound, as famed Seattle mountaineer Jim Wickwire often used to say. He was a short guy, and we are KNOWN for our high quality in all respects, AND he climbed with the Whittaker brothers and the others who were the initial Yanks to succeed on Everest,etc. So......

Also, anyone wanting ANY extra weight here, wellllll, there are a few of us older guys who would GLADLY donate 20 lbs. each or so.......

Quote Originally Posted by kutenay View Post
    It ain't how BIG ya are, it's how tight yer wound, as famed Seattle mountaineer Jim Wickwire often used to say. He was a short guy, and we are KNOWN for our high quality in all respects, AND he climbed with the Whittaker brothers and the others who were the initial Yanks to succeed on Everest,etc. So......

Also, anyone wanting ANY extra weight here, wellllll, there are a few of us older guys who would GLADLY donate 20 lbs. each or so.......
    Im a small guy , that some would say is wound tight..it helps
    Midnight toker

You know dynamite comes in small packages. Even though I am a small guy, I've always been able to bulldog heavy weight on my back. I am sure that the weight of my 07 buck deboned was indeed very close to my own weight of 140 lbs.

Islandeer,
    The Eberlestock is definately sturdy enough for entire quarters if one feels they want to pack the useless bone out for the hell of it. The majority of the work is done once you've got the quarters. The act of deboning doesn't take much extra time. I suppose if one has lots of help and one is fairly close to the truck, then leaving the bone in is not a huge issue. There is no doubt that the eberlestock can handle a moose quarter with ease.
    The problem with external fame packs is they really make shitty daypacks when hunting timber or brush. So once an animal is down, many hunters walk back to the truck carrying a light load in their simple daypacks and then throw on their packframe and hike all the way back in and start carrying quarters out. Internal frame packs like the Eberlestock eliminate that extra trip. One can wear them as a great daypack and when the trigger is pulled, you can open them up and jam a ton of meat into them.