Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: X-bow string hight

Re: X-bow string hight

My homemade targets were big potato sacks stuffed tight with poly left over from construction sites. I stuffed it and then sewed the top up with dental floss. Worked well, last a long time, and best of all it was free.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Best target,

Go to a hardware store, get their shrink wrap. Take a couple of scrap pieces of carpeting and some 2 x 6. Build a frame, attach the carpet on both sides of the 2 x 6, stuff it full of the shrink wrap and put the top on. Might sound stupid/complex. But it will last and endure the weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Onesock View Post
    GG- Recruitment at any cost maybe your motto but it is not mine. A two day course would put this young hunter on the road to success in a way shorter time than, and much cheaper, than shooting broadheads into a dirt bank. Recruitment recruitment recruitment. I am tired of hearing this from you. Lets get practical!!!
    I have heck of alot more respect for a guy that wants to learn to shoot ethically and spends an extra 50 bucks on a set of broadheads to practice with and beat the hell outta while learning what he can and cannot do in the real world than I do for you that just sits there and Bitches about people that dont want to or havent taken the IBEP.

why ?... because your bitching does absolutly nothing for the sport .... If a dude comes on here and askes for help ....I am gonna do my damnedist to help that person out if I can...Thats what I love about this sport ... everyone will help each other (for the most part)...if they wanna take the IBEP course great ..it will help people for sure ...if they dont ... thats their perogitive and really nobodys business but their own, If someone askes me about it I will tell em ...But I aint gonna force it down their throat.

So yea ... Lets get practical ... The kids lookin for a mentor (obviously by asking questions here) ... yea an IBEP course was just held in Victoria (I think) .... hmmm lets get practical here ... that does nothing for a dude in Fort Nelson now does it?.... I think he is being extremly practical by spend 50 bucks on a set of heads and some bandwidth as opposed to 1000 bucks(what it would cost me to go to Victoria right now.....to drive about 2hundy fuel and 50 for the ferry one way(about the same as a flight)... 5 hundy there..food and accomadation...expect another 5 hundy) for a weekend in Victoria

so Onesock ..please do us all a favour ... Exhale and shrug your shoulders at the same time and perhaps then you might hear the popping sound of your cranium leaving your rectum
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Thanks. I appreciate all the help guys. I am new to bowhunting but I am not new to hunting so I think I understand now the point onesock was making though I was un aware of it. And that is, there is a better/easier way. Thanks, and anyone that has a favourite Target with $ it costs I'm all ears.

Hey maybe this is a good thread starter??

Bow Walker Guest

Do what J_T suggests in post #22 - get some sort of sack - largish - and fill it with plastic. Shopping bags, stretch/shrink wrap, and the like. If there is a beer and wine store near you, they get lots of the stuff. All their pallets of beer are wraped in it. They'll be thankful to get rid of it.

Hey BZ M , Sure Onesock was a little out of line but be assured his intent was in the interest of bowhunting . Frankly in regards to attitude your reply to him was much worse then his was .
    Correcting or admonishing can be done by speaking to rather then the"insulting from the Pulpit" attitude .
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

Hey 358 , When using broadheads for practice put aside a pair that have the sharp edges of the blades filed off . They will not penetrate as far and will pull out without leaving the broadhead in the target .
    Another broadhead target is 6 in of eathafoam . The arrows /bolts can be removed easily after unscrewing the broadhead .
    Cheers

Group Memberships.

BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

AAAHHH BowWalker , I disagree with your idea that the type of equip dictates the ideologey of strong mined persons .
    I went through several weapon stages of hunting , riflle , compound , recurve and longbow . My attitude remained the same through all these stages , I think . LOL . Each stage was enjoyed to the extint that I promoted and protected them . All here are promoting and protecting the sport that is a part of us and we ALL must remember that when replying to our posts
    Sorry for the hi-jack
    Last edited by greybark; 02-11-2008 at 11:56 PM.

Group Memberships.

BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

Morrell Yellow jacket Broadhead butt can be had for around $60....works well and the one I had lasted 2 seasons with 4 of us using it. Give me a PM if interested and I can hook you up!

Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Thanks Barky and Bow Walker. If the IBEP course was available to all new bowhunters in the province this new bowhunter would not have to go on an internet site to try to learn how to bowhunt. From the course he would learn in two days what would normally take 5 plus years to learn from bowhunting on his own. In addition he would meet other bowhunters and learn from them and also maybe find a new hunting buddy. As for your comment Mr Bowzone I will ignore it as the internet makes brave souls.