Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: X-bow string hight

Re: X-bow string hight

the best broadhead target around ... either go to a Hottub shop with a big garbage bag ... get the lads in the back to spray the urathane insulation into the bag to fill it up ...you want it about 12" thick or so .... shape it to the way you want it ... let it set ... Bingo bango you have a an awesome Broadhead Butt .... if you wanna insert a rope into it you can drag it anywhere you want.

Conversly if you go to CDN tire and buy a whack of low expansion monofoam ... fill a box with it ... you will have a smaller one ... I persoanlly think the hot tub insulation stands up better ....it is however not self healing so if you hammer it alot you will leave chunks ....

I got a bigone made with hottub stuff and i repair it with the CDN tire stuff
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

So I tried the hay bales today.
    I had things sighted in for my 2219 target tip. But the broadhead 2216's shot 1 ' to the left?
    I tried to sight in the 2216's but had real trouble with grouping accuracy.
    The bolts went thought the hay bale like you guys said, and burried 3/4 of the shaft into a clay and gravel bank, im guessing the problem with grouping was i couldnt get the broadheads clean enough?
    Next time im taking a bucket of water to make sure there is no sand and clay on the braodhead.
    Looking into a good CLEAN bolt stopper would be another priority.
    I'll try the foam in a big garbage bag idea.

Lightbulb Re: X-bow string hight

And people wonder why the IBEP should be mandatory prior to bow hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Onesock View Post
    And people wonder why the IBEP should be mandatory prior to bow hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That isn't the attitude to be recruiting people.

There's an expression here:

Honey's generally a better attractant than ....
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

GG- Recruitment at any cost maybe your motto but it is not mine. A two day course would put this young hunter on the road to success in a way shorter time than, and much cheaper, than shooting broadheads into a dirt bank. Recruitment recruitment recruitment. I am tired of hearing this from you. Lets get practical!!!

Thanks to those, Bowzone, Bow walker, Plumbob, brother jack & Interceptor, for your help so far It’s working.
    I have always believed that one should practice with a new weapon first before using it for hunting so as to make the most humane kill possible. Of course asking questions is good and I thought that is what this site was used for.
    Apparently Onesock has taken a different viewpoint, and out of respect to people here and this site. Mr Onesock. PM on the way.

Bow Walker Guest

Some people have very definite opinions on certain subjects. Don't let it get to you. It could have something to do with the type of equipment used by the people with strong opinions - believing that their type is the only way to go - but that's OK. Everyone is entitled.

Almost certainly any hunting skills that were or have been acquired have been picked up in the same "trial and error" way. What it appears to be is a frustration about the benefits of IBEP - which, BTW, is a very worthwhile investment in time and money.

The frustration on the part of Onesock seems to stem from a desire to see every hunter take the course, and although I agree with the idea of educating hunters, I usually express it differently. But as I said different strokes for different folks.

That idea about the foam insulation into a plastic garbage bag is a good one. Haven't heard about that one before now. Mike - can you give us an us an idea of the general cost of a regular garbage bag filled with the stuff? Ball park?

There's a hot tub place about 15 minutes from me. Come to think about it I guess I could get off my "6" and phone them.

I'll let you know what they say.

GG- Recruitment at any cost maybe your motto but it is not mine. A two day course would put this young hunter on the road to success in a way shorter time than, and much cheaper, than shooting broadheads into a dirt bank. Recruitment recruitment recruitment. I am tired of hearing this from you. Lets get practical!!!

1-05 area.. Check with the Naniamo Fish & Game Club.. I use to shoot there as a kid and they had a great archery program. The St Pattys day 3D shoot use to be a blast.. They would most likely have broadhead butt's if not I heard the Parksville fish and game club is still going at it in Nanoose, say Hi to Gary if he's still around.

Quote Originally Posted by Bow Walker View Post

That idea about the foam insulation into a plastic garbage bag is a good one. Haven't heard about that one before now. Mike - can you give us an us an idea of the general cost of a regular garbage bag filled with the stuff? Ball park?

There's a hot tub place about 15 minutes from me. Come to think about it I guess I could get off my "6" and phone them.

I'll let you know what they say.

I really dont know to be honest with you .... When I was a member of the Lethbridge Club... we had a hidden spot shot .... you know a colored sticker under a camo net ... draped over this butt ... the closest got the whole butt and the furthest got a miniture vertion of it .... the big one was almost 5.5 feet square and about 18" thick .... My bud Scott won it one year and when he got home ... We quartered it up with a chainsaw. 1/4 lasted me about 2 years of BH and Feild points ... Then I bought a Morrells Super Duper for FP and I got me a small box of urathane insulation from a local tub shop fer nil.....

Prior to that I did the mono foam in a box trick ....just line the box with plastic first ... That cost me about 7 cans for a decent sized butt
    Last edited by Bowzone_Mikey; 02-11-2008 at 05:52 PM.
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Practical?

So a guy wrecked a couple of arrows - we've all done that. Who cares. You can't scream at him for getting involved in bowhunting. If you were to offer some assistance you'd better off on the right foot instead of the left.

We've all made mistakes.

I think I've said it before, hunters are their own worst enemy.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela