Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Crockpot

New Crockpot

I've used slow cooking methods off and on for some time, but not for several years..

As a chef, I usually end up whipping up some nice grilled meat dinner etc wehn I get home, for myself and the gal to at for dinner. Unfortunately, too often these days I am so busy at work, and end up eating at work, and tossing together some pasta, stirfry or something to feed the gal at home, while the great meat in the freezer languishes until our days off, when I have a chance to cook it...

So I picked up a slow cooker, and plan on tossing stuff in every AM, to come home to nice boiled meals at the days end.

Should be good, I'll keep everyone posted
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: New Crockpot

I love the crock and use it regularily, as a matter of fact I have a pork picnic in one now for tonights dinner!
    Their steaks, roasts and burger to me! Tom

Hey Clark, I've use the crock pot to make deer roast in and it turned out awesome. I imagine it would be good for bear as well where it tends to be a bit tougher then deer.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Clark > I use a crock pot all the time for my venison. Stews, swiss steak is excellent in a crock. Let us know what you cook and how it turns out. Mike
    "You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try" Beverly Sills

I love my slow cooker - roasts, chili, stew....

Love the slow cooker, just finished an awesome spicy venison stew, slow cooked for 7 hours. Super tender meat!
    "Every moving animal that is alive may serve as food for you." (Genesis 9:3)

Bow Walker Guest

Big ole crock pot + tougher cut of meat + veggies + wine + herbs/spices + time = one great "no fuss" meal when you get home from a hard day at the salt mines.

we have used one off and on as well. We seem to go in stages

I make ice cream in mine
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

My wife got me one of those for christmas and i am dying to use it . I was thinking a nice Mutton stew or roast would do well in one.