Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The wrap up of cache creek

The wrap up of cache creek

Well, just wanted to drop in, say the shoot went well, had a great time, met some great people, really enjoyed it, now I have to figure out how to pay for all the travelling to shoots I wanna do again.

Willy, Oldtimer, Greybark, was great meeting you guys(and families), hopefully I will see you guys again soon.

Kirby
    Huuked on foniks wurked fur me

Quote Originally Posted by StoneChaser
    Biggest problem with a debate on ethics is the simple fact that ethics are like underwear...everybody has 'em, but some are a little shittier than others

2. Site Sponsor

Re: The wrap up of cache creek

Kirby was great meeting you as well and thanks for the beer. I will reciprocate next time. Good weekend was had by all. I will leave it up to chris to let you all know who picked up all the hardware. Greybark, we ain't so old if we can hobble around those side hills. I sure hope the Cache Creek club does something different next year, too many almost dangerous shots in that set up and with the high dollar they charge they should be able to improve some of those targets. Me and the missus will probably be back . Mike
    "You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try" Beverly Sills

Oldtimer, will definatly second the thoughs on new targets, and better lay out, I really liked the shots, but the overall lay out wasn't as nice as I would have hoped. Oh well, maybe next year.

Kirby

Biggest problem with a debate on ethics is the simple fact that ethics are like underwear...everybody has 'em, but some are a little shittier than others

Glad you all had a good time. It's always nice, though, to have good targets to shoot at; they seem to get beat up pretty fast in the 10 vicinity by so many good shooters these days. Summerland is having a shoot next Sunday (24th) and then a 2-dayer June 4/5. They just got started last year so all the targets were new and they should still be in fine shape. Some of the more established clubs also seem to do a good job of replacing a few each year to keep their overall quality at a pretty decent level.

Well as allready stated the course had some definate problems that we will probably just have to chalk up to growing pains for a new club, however the safety concerns definately need to be dealt with as a freind of mine had an arrow come very close to him and we could see people out beyond a couple of the targets we were shooting at......not too be rude but that is unnacceptable. Given the terrain i would suggest using a GPS to map out the course to help determine if any of these problems exist BEFORE a shoot begins. Also, It was a bit pricey compared to what is the norm, but I don't mind paying it as long as I see some upgraded targets at next years shoot. If anyone involved in the cache creek club reads this, please don't take it as a slam....just an honest critique of some issues that really do need to be addressed.

As oldtimer stated we met some good folks down there that made the trip well worth while and hopefully we'll see you guys again soon!

Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

how did all of u guys shoot???
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

3kills I shot a personal best for one side. 171 out of 200. overall shot a 628 out of 800. there was some tough shots !!! small targets out quite a ways. overall scoring was low on the first day. Will let Chris fill u in on his shooting but will brag that memmbers of my family did pretty good. !!
    "You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try" Beverly Sills

good to hear oldtimer...
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

I was just getting back in the saddle, haven't shot 3-D since 1999, and rest problems got me on the first round, but I can't complain, ended up with 659(I think) out of 800. Definatly looking forward to the next shoot.

Kirby
    Last edited by Kirby; 04-18-2005 at 11:19 AM.

Sammy99 took first in her category with a score of 672/800, Michael got in a dogfight with another little fellow and ended up second by 4 points And i managed to pull one out of my butt and actually picked up a win!! Shot 740/800!

Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson