Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Delta Waterfowl or Ducks Unlimited?

Re: Delta Waterfowl or Ducks Unlimited?

I've spent many years working on DU fundraisers in 3 different chapters,and lately I'm leaning more towards Delta Waterfowl because of their support for hunting.I usually contribute to both,as they are both doing good work,but as waterfowl hunters we need all the support we can get,just to keep our sport alive.I would like to see DU provide more of that support if for no other reason than the fact that hunters started DU in the first place. Gunner

Good to hear Mark, I knew one of ya would pipe up. I totally agree on the DU money machine aspect, things have really changed over the years. Plus, DU doesn't do a crab feed. K

Thumbs up Re: Delta Waterfowl or Ducks Unlimited?

Delta gets my money. Delta's vission say's it all To sercure the future of waterfowl and waterfowl hunting. Delta provides knowldge,leaders and science-based solutions that efficiently conserve waterfowl. Some of Delta's Objectives are to Conduct high-quality research,Influence public policy and to preserve and promote hunting as an integeral part of waterfowl management.Delta has been around since 1938 they have some great programs like Adopt a pothole,Henhouse,predator management and the mentor/youth hunt program just nane a few of the many.For you B.C. hunters Delta was very happy to help it's Lower Mainland chapter in helping to keep hunting open in the Langley area. Most people do not know how close we came to losing more hunting area. If it was not for the committee members hard work Langley would have been closed and rest assured that would have been the start to the close of the surounding citys. I am not saying that DU does not do good work they just don't look out for the hunter eg.(when the local committee asked DU for a letter of support to keep hunting open in Langley DU declined )Currently we are fighting another battle we are trying to help the province get hunting reinstated in the Squamish estuary and I don't see DU helping. Keep up the good work Delta Waterfowl and local chapter.

Check out the Website www.deltawaterfowl.org

PS. to join the Lower Mainland Delta Waterfowl chapter call
    604-946-6290
    Take'm

i have to echo malley whackers comments.recently delta waterfowl went to bat to keep the duck stamp and its funding in place as the govt was going to cut the program.long for short with their support they were successful in keeping this program in place.they are involved in a hen house program for the lower mainland this year. i understand there is to be a weekend seninar on how to deal with the public, politicians, and anything to do with having to deal with outside forces when it comes to hunting and how to conduct ones self in all respects,they have done research from coast to coast on this matter. i hope this helps with a du vs dw, decision.....fowl