Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Duck calls

Re: Duck calls

I ordered one of these last night and hopefully will have it by the end of the week. I've done a bit of review reading and it's mostly a close in call but that's pretty much what I'm looking for. When the birds are within 50 yards but just won't come in that extra 15-20 yard

Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

BoomBoom is right, I use the Srait Meat Mallard,as does he!(my age IS catching up to me!)The single reed reaches WAY out,the double reed is for closer birds.Marc, I haven't used the Zink duck calls but I have 2 or 3 of their goose calls and they work just fine!Mostly use the Foiles tho'. Gunner

trett is offline you never know your luck!

My favorite call is a doc hull "suzie" it is a single reed call that can produce hailing high balls to seductive low end.I have a tendency to produce a lot of saliva when I call this call will not stick.My next choice would be a lares call a-5 also a great non-sticking call.

I use a Glen Scobey mallard calls and the ducks seem to like it. It sounds more like a west coast duck than an eastern one.
    ________
    Dodge St. Regis picture
    Last edited by porcupine; 01-29-2011 at 09:23 AM.

I have a couple of JJ Lares calls and I really like them. I think I like the A-5 (original) a little better than the T-1 (timber) but they both seem to work. The company was very easy to deal with and once I placed an order they showed up very quickly.
    Dave

Ducklander calls are really nice!
    The Rocky Mountains is the Marrow of the World
    "Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. "Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men." "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline."

I have a SMH can't use it at all, and several Gaston custom acrylics hand tuned yearly, can't use them either but they look great on my lanyard
    Scottish by birth, British by law,
    Highlander by the grace of God"
    Anon

I am a terrible caller as well. Not a drop of musical talent here. I have a lanyard full of party horns.
    Hooked on quack.

Quote Originally Posted by HuntNHookSports View Post
    I am a terrible caller as well. Not a drop of musical talent here. I have a lanyard full of party horns.

your calling isn't that bad. I should have a closer look at your party horns and see what you have and what they sound like.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

I have a cheaper Quakhead, double reed, and new this year, Microhen, cocobola.

Nothing but good reviews for all of RNT's Quakhead poly calls, I have used a few of them