Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Perfect shot?

Re: Perfect shot?

45/70 = no jelly

If that is the exit wound and the animal had been sllghtly quartering away and uphill from the hunter then yeah damn fine shot.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

no worries . there's not enough meat on the front should blade to warrant getting bothered about it. perfect shot!

I would think you broke his shoulder and caught the top of the lungs.Did the job.I would call it a good shot on a moose or bear,as a broken front shoulder will drop them in there tracks.It always sucks tracking a moose,as we eventually have to haul it out.

That's a good, killing shot. Better too far forward than too far back. Start shooting back and you start running out of vitals and get into other places.

With premium bullets that don't explode on impact you'll get 5 lbs max. The bull moose we got this year had the bullet go through both front shoulders and stick on the hide on the far side. Shot might have been 70 yrds. Basically just the meat touching the bullet whole was unusable. When we cut it up there was a small handful of meat that was damaged on each shoulder. No partitions = no bloodshot.

Yes, I like shoulder shots.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela