Thread: Youth Bows??

Youth Bows??

I recently got into bowhunting after I found out my son was alergic to fish(fishing "was" my favourite passtime). I now would like to introduce my 6 year old son to the sport but am not sure what to look for in a bow for him. I will be mainly taking him with me out target shooting and then maybe move him up to gophers and other small game. If anyone has any ideas or bows for sale please let me know.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Youth Bows??

how old is he ?? i started my grandson shooting a recurve called a pse sheriff it had a shoot through riser .very safe he started when he was three .

Quote Originally Posted by sealevel View Post
    how old is he ?? i started my grandson shooting a recurve called a pse sheriff it had a shoot through riser .very safe he started when he was three .

He is 6 years oldand weighs about 65 lbs.

Vinny my 9 year old brother started when he was 6 on a traditional "cheepy" recruve bow at 15lbs. He now shoots a Diamond Edge with the 40 lb. limbs. WHen he is ready to upgrade Diamond will let you buy just the 50-60 lb. limbs at a very reasonable price. Can't go wrong and for the price it's hard to beat. Good luck and nice to see the youngsters pullin the strings.

After reading sealevel's post maybe I should also start my 3 year old son soon too. They already get pissed at me if I don't take them with me spotting.

vinney that little recurve was great for a little guy . with the shoot through riser if the arrow fell off the rest didn`t matter .

Bow Walker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sealevel View Post
    vinney that little recurve was great for a little guy . with the shoot through riser if the arrow fell off the rest didn`t matter .
    Sounds like the perfect bow for the both of them. Except you better get two. Pride in ownership is huge in kids.