Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting storys that made ya laugh your ass off.

Re: Hunting storys that made ya laugh your ass off.

Quote Originally Posted by oddsix View Post
    10+ years ago my old man and his buddy dropped off two of their friends in a logged area. As they were heading out they hear a gun shot. They figured they go back and see if they shot something. When they talk to them the guy who fired the shot said " I seen two little eyes peeking out between two branches 325 yards away and i didn't want that grouse to get away.

Let me guess... Armen Sawatzky?

you bet lol

Wink Re: Hunting storys that made ya laugh your ass off.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Funniest story is in your area, when I missed a ram after 19 days of trying. Not so funny at the time, but it provides my hunting buddies with endless amounts of mirth...
    There is nothing funny about that...you should be ashamed of yourself.

My buddy used to brag that moose were too easy to shoot, so he took up bow hunting. Then that got too easy for him too. He decided to try with his .22 cal pellet gun. He went early in the season and found a bull feeding in a pond on lilies. Worked his way slowly around to the rear of the moose. When the moose went for a mouth full of lily roots he shot him in the testicle. The moose gasped in a lungfull of water and drowned.
    Blktail

If you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

...Well....this one time, were out hunting, it's early afternoon and sunny, Dad is driving and my brther is in the back of the pickup. We pull into a cutblock, start glassing, I decide to go walk the perimeter(treeline) I get out of the truck and my brother jumps in. So about 45min later I am at the top edge looking downhill, I can see the truck on my left side of the cutblock and 150yrds or so to the right (from the truck)is logged. I start heading downhill stopping and glassing, stopping glassing, etc,etc. All of a sudden I spot a great 4 point buck frozen in stride staring at me, he was probly 200 yds away and less than 75yards from the truck, heading right towards the truck. I am now glassing the animal and then the truck, the animal then the truck, no one is jumping out of the truck so I figure they must have gone for a hike. So I have to make this shot, I layed down over a log, got ready, glassed the animal and the pickup, put the gun up and let him have it, well after the recoil I could not see the animal so I stand up glass down there and see nothing, I look over at the truck and my Dad is standing outside the truck looking the other way, I start to head down hill. I get down to were I shot the buck and yell over "it should be right here!"My Dad says"yeah right" Sure enough it was there and boy were they shocked, they thought I new they were sleeping and fired one off. Every season or so that storey is brought up, usually only by me in front of friends, Tee Hee Hee!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Excalibur Equinox
    -------------------------------- ----------------------------------

A few years back, hunting mulies in the EK my brother and I are really stoked. Especially my bro! We have this"spot" staked out and start our hike in around 4am, early November.
    He is yakking about how great this hunt will be,how the timing is so perfect,yada yada. I'm listening like a good kid bro though wishing that he was a little less chatty. About an hour in I am looking at him, hmmm,what is wrong with this picture.
    He has his pack,petzal,hat,oops no shooting iron. I started chuckling a bit and he can't quite figure out my problem. I suggest we stop for a leek, good plan he says as I hand him my pack and safed rifle.
    He still hasn't clued in until I gear up again and offer to take his gun for him, the look on his face was priceless, he quickly countered saying he always wanted to kill a buck with his knife only!!
    Needless to say he does get reminded now and again to bring his rifle on our hunts.
    Blacktailaholic

Not really hunting but a couple of my buddies were firefighting.The one thought he heard his brother coming down the mountain towards him so he hides behind a big boulder to jump out and scare the crap out him.He jumps out with a yell and comes face to face with a bull moose,my buddy said he came running back to camp screaming like a little girl.
    Hunt or my foot in your ass,your choice

I have two extremely funny storries but both are at young Symon's expense I am LMAO just thinking about them. Let me ponder if I should post them up or not, it might be pushing the envelope

Early season, took the .22 for some grouse hunting. Got there, opened up the trunk, getting the gun all ready; oh wait, what's this trigger lock doing there? What's more, I forgot the key to it... luckily someone has an extra shotty, otherwise I would've been the laughingstock of the group
    Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    You can do it buddy! you're a terrific person inside! (just not on the outside)

Quote Originally Posted by Blktail View Post
    My buddy used to brag that moose were too easy to shoot, so he took up bow hunting. Then that got too easy for him too. He decided to try with his .22 cal pellet gun. He went early in the season and found a bull feeding in a pond on lilies. Worked his way slowly around to the rear of the moose. When the moose went for a mouth full of lily roots he shot him in the testicle. The moose gasped in a lungfull of water and drowned.

LOL !!!!!! LOL !!!!!! Now thats funny