Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting storys that made ya laugh your ass off.

Re: Hunting storys that made ya laugh your ass off.

It was five years ago . The four of us are up the river for moose and elk . Chris and I (chris is most likley the best stocker {no pun} I know ) He brings us to 30 yards on a bedded moose . All we have to do is wait ! Well the darn think stands and walks straight away from us NO SHOT. We go different ways to try to cover both draws . I hear a squeal and thud and then nothing . Holly carp what happen to my fellow bow hunter ? I make my way over to chris and he is half under a blow down tree there are broadheads all around him on the ground I ask are you ok . He reply's I don't know . But I can't get up .First thing to mined OH SHIT . He then starts to laugh . I have fallen and I can't get up . He lifted his legs he has both is feet stuck through the cables of his bow and can't remove them .It could only happen to chris I think we should put the horse bells on him some time . I wish I had a camera then . I do now so nothing should be missed .

My dad left camp looking for a bull moose one morning.he found one right away .50 yrds from him only problem was he took my buddys 280 shells with him that moning and he shoots a 270 . no worries tho we found him the next day and he downed a 46 in bull .but boy did we rag on him that first night.
    Midnight toker

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Frenchbar

Lots of funny stuff has happened to me..In fact one of the rules i have about hunting partners is - If we stop laughing, hunting isn't that much fun

Funniest story is in your area, when I missed a ram after 19 days of trying. Not so funny at the time, but it provides my hunting buddies with endless amounts of mirth...

I'm okay with that
    ya.if ya give it ya gotta take it .im always getting rassed on .its all good humour to me .
    Midnight toker

Hunting with my buddie and spot a buck jump across a side road on our way to a good spot...DEER...bail out rifle ready hear him call me I turn around and his truck is rolling backwards down the hill his door still open he's trying to stop it. his door catches a tree and bends back. I yell "let it go" the hill was short and not steep and at the bottom there were a bunch of small trees that would stop it. so he throws his rifle in the box and jumps into the box of his truck, I can still see him standing in the back of his truck rolling down the hill backwards, right then I break out laughing and yell "what are you going to do from there!"... I'll never let him forget it!

Was bow huntng with a buddy years ago in the Highlands. I slipped and landed flat on my back, bruising my ribs and knocking the wind out of myself. Buddy comes running and looks down at me asking "Is there any sign down there?" We had a rest while I recovered and got my wind back by swearing at him. When we got up to leave he asked my to tuck his water bottle into his pack. 4 hours of whining about being out of shape later, back at the truck, he found the 6" diameter rock I slipped in his pack with the water bottle.

Another nforgettable moment was while the same fellow video taped, another friend and I skinned the stinkiest coyote the great outdoors has ever produced. Two adults gagging for 15 minutes between tears of laughter and burning eyes made for some funny video.
    Blktail

If you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

West central Alberta, 20+ years ago now.....moose hunting near Caroline, set up in a cabin on the Raven River.....fresh snow (couple inches) overnight...nice clear, sunny day....head out before light in the truck...spend the whole day out...don't see anything, not even tracks...head back to the cabin, completely dark by now...pull into the head of the trail that takes us to the cabin....moose tracks coming down the "driveway"....WTF?...tracks are coming from the cabin...NO WAY!?!...park truck....follow tracks to cabin....THIS MOOSE WALKED BY THE LIVING ROOM WINDOW (appeared to have stopped and looked in, although we're not sure) ALL WITHIN 2 FEET OF THE GLASS!!! Still get a laugh outta that one!

best one I've heard was from my fishing partner-seems like he was on a river float trip for moose,when his partner decides he has to have a dump-so they pull into the river bank, the other guy is in the bushes doing his business-and grunting-well, out comes a bull moose investigating-the guy jumps up,trying to pull his pants up and get to the canoe with the bull now right behind him. My friend shot it-16' away-right on the bank-when he could stop laughing.The other guy literally had the sh*t scared out of him.......He figured he had just discovered the perfect moose decoy.....
    Last edited by ratherbefishin; 01-15-2008 at 03:51 PM.

More bathroom humour.....so if you don't like it stop here.

Hunting moose in the GOS late season near Nadina River in Reg 6. The rut had wound down and we weren't seeing much so to shake things up a bit we decided to go "swamp busting".....put on the neoprene waders and get away into the thick willows where we thought the bulls would be strapping on the feed bags. There was a couple of inches of fresh wet snow. I put on my waders and felt-soled wading boots while my partner was contemplating using the facilities as his stomach was rumbling(foreshadow).

With every step I took I got taller as the wet snow was sticking to my felt soles. I walked towards my partner who was sitting on the tailgate in his long-johns. By the time I reached him I must have been close to 6'10" ( I started at 6'2")and stood towering above him. We started laughing pretty good and then one side of my "lifts" fell off and I stumbled to the ground which had become a long ways down. More hard laughing.........then my partner asked how we would meet later as we didn't have any radios. I told him not to worry as he would probably be able to see me towering above the spruce trees.....well, he started to laugh so hard he couldn't breathe and all of a sudden he eyes got big.....and then more laughing..."I'm $hitting myself" he managed to squeak out......then even harder laughing....followed by more chitting......more laughing and chitting until he was out of breath and other "stuff".... I guess his rumbling stomach was the start of something.

I would have just burned those one piece trap-door long johns on the spot but they were given to my partner by his deceased Grandfather so he bagged them and threw them in the back of the truck.

While I did jump one big footed moose in the thick stuff our efforts were in vain..........just some memories for the books!!

SSS
    Last edited by Stone Sheep Steve; 04-05-2011 at 12:08 PM.

Keep them coming!

I'm chitting myself as I write this!

Blktail

If you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

10+ years ago my old man and his buddy dropped off two of their friends in a logged area. As they were heading out they hear a gun shot. They figured they go back and see if they shot something. When they talk to them the guy who fired the shot said " I seen two little eyes peeking out between two branches 325 yards away and i didn't want that grouse to get away.