Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Hunting storys that made ya laugh your ass off.

Re: Hunting storys that made ya laugh your ass off.

Quote Originally Posted by Phreddy View Post
    That's why I switched to combination locks.
    sure, thats why Alzheimer patients use them,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

they can NEVER misplace their keys!
    sit quietly by the river,,,,,,

eventually the bodies of your enemies will come floating by,,,,

We were hunting up Prince George way and ran into a couple of other hunters. A short time later we heard some shots and went to see what the shooting was all about. We came upon the two hunters from a short time ago and a cow moose laying on the ground. The fellow I was hunting with worked for the Wildlife Branch, produced his identification and asked who shot the moose. Each guy pointed at each other and the looks on their faces was priceless. I almost started to laugh but caught myself. We got a license number from the vehicle and continued on our merry way. A short time later another vehicle, a truck and camper arrived and we thought this was rather strange. Once again the fellow I was hunting with produced his identification and asked the driver of the truck and camper who shot the moose and he claimed that he shot the moose and produced his LEH cow moose permit. He claimed he was hunting with the two other guys and after shooting the moose hiked over the mountain to get his truck and camper. Well the antics of these guys was simply priceless and all three looked like they were suffering from terrible gas pains. We laughed our asses off when we heard they pleaded guilty to poaching.

A few years ago myself and one of my partners took both our families on a August moose hunt in the Chetwynd area. We were there for a four days. The last two we had alot of rain and my wife was concerned that we might not get out of our camping spot to the main road once the camper and utility trailer was on. I told her not to worry the road in question was only 400 meters long and I could keep one wheel in the grass for traction.
    So we were all loaded up and following my buddy out. He went straight down the middle of the road in a pick up and small quad trailer. He made it look easy. So i followed and found a deep hole and burried a 3/4 ton 4x4 camper and a trailer with 3 quads on it to its axles. We were stuck good , after 2 hours of winching , jacking , unloading trailers , falling trees, and so on we were finally on the road again. Then it started from the passenger side "I thought you were going to drive in the grass" ....... "we would have been half way home already"......."you took so long now I am hungry again"......... " if you think that was fun you can hunt on your own next time" ........and so on and so on. Finally after twenty minutes of this I looked down at the seat and saw the tub of jube jube candies. I grabbed a couple then stuck one in my left ear then the second in my right, and I just kept driving. When she looked over and saw what I did she said loud enough for me to hear through my new ear plugs. " I get the point you a-hole " I just smiled and kept driving , after a few minutes she also saw the humour in it and we both had a good laugh.
    Mike
    Last edited by moose2; 01-13-2011 at 05:53 AM.

1988 Temagami Ont moose hunt, we hunted hard for 10 days, no fresh sign, nothing. Last night of the hunt a big bull tripped on our tent guide rope and the tent partially came down at about 1am. We got up and fixed it, and the bull stood there at 20 yards and watched us. Next day we were packing up to leave when he showed his face again, fatal mistake and moose on the grill

Quote Originally Posted by moose2 View Post
    A few years ago myself and one of my partners took both our families on a August moose hunt in the Chetwynd area. We were there for a four days. The last two we had alot of rain and my wife was concerned that we might not get out of our camping spot to the main road once the camper and utility trailer was on. I told her not to worry the road in question was only 400 meters long and I could keep one wheel in the grass for traction.
    So we were all loaded up and following my buddy out. He went straight down the middle of the road in a pick up and small quad trailer. He made it look easy. So i followed and found a deep hole and burried a 3/4 ton 4x4 camper and a trailer with 3 quads on it to its axles. We were stuck good , after 2 hours of winching , jacking , unloading trailers , falling trees, and so on we were finally on the road again. Then it started from the passenger side "I thought you were going to drive in the grass" ....... "we would have been half way home already"......."you took so long now I am hungry again"......... " if you think that was fun you can hunt on your own next time" ........and so on and so on. Finally after twenty minutes of this I looked down at the seat and saw the tub of jube jube candies. I grabbed a couple then stuck one in my left ear then the second in my right, and I just kept driving. When she looked over and saw what I did she said loud enough for me to hear through my new ear plugs. " I get the point you a-hole " I just smiled and kept driving , after a few minutes she also saw the humour in it and we both had a good laugh.
    Mike

...........uhhhh, are all women the same? Sounds like someone I know.....

thanks for sharing your pain!