Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting storys that made ya laugh your ass off.

Hunting storys that made ya laugh your ass off.

Was on a trip with my best freind in the local mountains. we set up camp just below treeline.next morning went out above camp to hunt the chutes below some bluffs,while my bud stayed in camp. didnt get far and decided to sit in the trees between the chutes and chow down on a can of applesauce.15 min latter i stand up and took about 4 steps and out bounds a a nice buck and he heads parrelel across the chutes. so i start running as fast as i can across 3 of the chutes that are about 80 yrds across.i look down and hes standing about 100yrds below me ,up comes the 270 and bam down he goes and rolls just abut to the botom of the hill. i go down and clean him a decent 4x3.head back to camp and get my bud...we are on are way back across the chutes with my buck when i spot some deer about 175yrds above us .one is a nice 3 pt basket buck .i say go ahead shoot him,hesitant at first ,then i hunch over in a foot ball stance and say shoot him you can rest your rifle on my back .so he goes for it rests the rifle on my back and lets fly,down he goes .i head up and stat draggin him by the horns down the grassy chute when my foot gets caught in some debrisi fall down the aantlers go right through my shirt an there i am pinned to the ground in a big heap with my buddy laughing his ass off at me.got them both back to camp had afew drinks and laughs about the whole day.i look back at that day as one of the funnest days ive ever had. any body got some funny hunting stories to tell. only my best buds can use me as a shooting rest .it was pretty funny at the time.
    Last edited by frenchbar; 01-14-2008 at 10:19 PM.
    Midnight toker

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hunting storys that made ya laugh your ass off.

I know a couple fellas(maybe even a relative mixed in there) thatw ere Moose hunting.....they set up aways apart to watch a clearing....one of them decided to take a dump.

Well you guessed it right in the middle of it Mr Moose steps out......scared to stand up he shoulders rifle and takes the shot while still hunched down with his drawers around his ankles.
    Yep, recoil pushed him back off his heels and right into the pile...squish

They got the Moose but said it was a $hitty experience overall

True.........? knowing these two I believe every word of it

Ha Ha.that would be some funny shit ..ive had a 160ish muley come out in front of me while i was having a dump,it starts running down the hill through the scrub balsom while im standing there with my pants down around the ankles.never did get a shot off at that velvet buck.good campfire storie tho .
    Midnight toker

I took a fellow dall hunting a few years ago. He told me that he had been to Vietnam in his younger years (man did he have some wild stories). He told me that when it came time to shoot he was deathly calm and very steady. NO MATTER WHAT! Well he was right the first time, he shot a beautiful dall at 375 yards right through the heart, an awesome shot.
    A couple of days later he wanted to go fishing, which was a couple hours hike down a valley to get to the creek. In the process we managed to spot a pretty big grizzly feeding in a meadow. We did a couple miles of stalking parrelleling him along a valley bottom until we finally waded the river and got infront of him, it was a pretty intense stalk. We layed down on a knoll waiting for him to come out at about 100 yards and I noticed the hunter was shaking a bit. When the bear finally came out I gave the Ok and he letter rip. The first shot spun the bear, a second shot put him down and a third for insurance. I went to congradulate him and noticed that he had blood all over his face. Mister military had scoped himself three times!! He was good about it and we all had a good laugh and bugged him about it for the rest of the trip.

On my first trip into Trimble lake, and me GREEN as grass, my wife's uncle chewed me a new one for wandering off to have a pee without a rifle. The next year we had permission to use the outfitters cabin. One night after lots of hills, Unc needs to visit the latrine. in pitch black, from within the cabin me and Chappy hear a blood curdling scream from outside. So naturally off we go, for what were not sure. Unc is full speed on his way back to the cabin shorts round his knees. Turns out a cow moose did and end run on the door less head and gave him a big kiss!!! so where was his gun, in the cabin!!!!

I just had to remind him of his "Lesson" from the year previous. The three of us were in tears for hours.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Frenchbar

Lots of funny stuff has happened to me..In fact one of the rules i have about hunting partners is - If we stop laughing, hunting isn't that much fun

Funniest story is in your area, when I missed a ram after 19 days of trying. Not so funny at the time, but it provides my hunting buddies with endless amounts of mirth...

I'm okay with that
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

My dad, uncle and uncles brother had been hunting for about a week and my uncles brother was tired so when they reached the hill he decided to take a nap while my dad walked a timber patch. My uncle set up on the edge of a landing to watch for deer being pushed out in front of my dad. My uncles brother wakes up about an hour later and has to take a dump. Walks to the edge of the road to drop his pants and sees a tree shaking about 40 yards away. he's thinking the guys are messing with him untill he starts seing tines sticking out behind the bush. He walks back across the landing, loads his gun and walks back, and shoots the buck at about 40 yards. The buck grossed about 152 which is a pretty fine blacktail lol and just goes to show you the guy that works the hardest isn't always the luckiest lol. I refer to it as the toilet paper buck lol

Last year in the EK a pack rat made a nest on my engine block every night ,i destroyed the nest every morning ,you see he would take the used toilet paper from the outhouse and use it for his nest ,i would lift the hood up every evening ,that didn't stop him. He ended up inside my cab of the truck ,then decided to build a nest in under my upper dash. One evening i was banging the dash and hitting everything inside the truck i could in order to try and get him to fall down ,or get the hell out of my cab ,no luck. I went back into the cab of the truck around 9pm ,i could hear him chewing somewhere around my glove compartment ,i opened up the glove door and there he was ,i grabbed him around the waist took him outside and put him to bed ,night ,night.
    Last edited by hunter1947; 01-15-2008 at 06:35 AM.

Did you have him scored?
    Looks to be a true EK Trophy Packrat!

Quote Originally Posted by zigman View Post
    Did you have him scored?
    Looks to be a true EK Trophy Packrat!
    Yes he scored 345,5/8 ,net LOL.