Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Team BC & Bowzone Spots

Bow Walker Guest

Team BC & Bowzone Spots

Well guys...

Everyone got their scores in today? Everyone got their excuses ready? I did and I have.

My best was a 283 w/ 4X's. My excuse(s)? I came down with a case of the cruds. Stomach cramps, intestinal cramps, very very loose bowels. Good thing I shot that round earlier in the week. My clarifier finally came and I was going to set up and shoot a round yesterday. Problem is I'm still wiped out. Shaking like a leaf and sweating like a pig.

My best round was shot with my hunting bow and "skinny" arrows.. So much for the big expensive target setup. I'll do better next week.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Team BC & Bowzone Spots

Scores that were Pmed to me were submitted at 1930 hours

My last shoot with my Trykon ... Next week we'll see what My Supertec does I am currently in the process of setting it up ... Hopefully I will have dialed right in time for V-hoof 3D next week.
    I shot a 292 with 14X .... there is room to build ...

I PM'ed my score to "Wookie " over there. I shot the sh-ts. 270-- oh the shame of it. will try harder but I am old ! I will send my scores to Mikey this week. Mike
    "You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try" Beverly Sills

Bow Walker Guest

Damned little X's have a habit of jumping the string, don't they Mike? At least they did for me. A lot easier to scam a 10 than it is to score a 10 X.

This is great practice for proper, repeatable form. Key word here is repeatable. One small hand torque or slight misalignment of the peep with the pin/level and you're cursing a 9 rather than celebrating an X.

I shot a 295 -13xs my problem is seeing my pin kinda loses it self in that big yaller dot . Bowwalker how does that clarifier work.

Bow Walker Guest

I've got a 4x lens with a #1 clarifier. If I shoot without the clarifier and with the lens, the pin is clear (albeit a tad "starshine") and the target is too blurry.

If I shoot with the clarifier and with the lens, the target is crystal clear and I can take advantage of the 4x power, but the pin ghosts and all but disappears (it's got a green fiber optic in .019 size). I'm thinking of changing the pin to a red fiber optic - or maybe just go to a small circle on the lens.

sealevel, bzm, oltimer....has anybody had any experience with the lens and the circles? Any recommendations? What works best for you and your setups?

I found they work great for spots ... i used a pretty small circle .... when I could see the X i let loose ...

supposedly it works great for target panick cases ...those needing to see what the are shooting at.

I just set up a 4x lense on a CJ ANTS on my Supertec with no clarifier I seem to be able to see pretty well with it ...

I use a redhawk scope with Zeiss Lens, the scope is a lefty so I have a down pin as I like to come down onto the target

i use a 4 power lens and a red dot my trouble is the red dod gets lost in the yellow !! now if the X was black it would help.

Bow Walker Guest

Well I'm not happy with the way that the pin disappears with the clarifier, even the fiber optic doesn't show up. But then it's green and I see greens and blues differently than other people.

Over the next few days or weeks I'm going to be experimenting with the various types of aiming aids. Red optics, Black circles for color targets, maybe a black dot on the lens.

My sight is a Sure Loc Supreme 550 w/ a Classic brand, magnum sized scope. The lens is also a Zeiss glass lens like BZM's, which controls distortion better than plastic - or so "they" say.

Should anyone give "a big rat's ass" I'll post up the results here. It'll be interesting testing the different combinations.

Where's the rest of Team BC? Mikey, how about posting the Team's scores here?

post it on up dan i`am interrested in your tests.