Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: What backpack tents are you guys using?

Gunisson 2

Finally had the chance to try out my back pack tent and some of the other backpacking stuff I've picked up but haven't had the chance to use because of my knee.

We were hunting up in the mountains on the island looking for bears/deer, grouse. It was a fairly warm weekend with 8-10 degree nights. We set up camp near a river and had heavy due overnight. It was amazingly warm in the tent with two people and the ventilation kept the humidity out of the tent, if you touched the walls they were dry. We were two men sleeping in the tent and to my surprise there was ample room, I don't recall bumping my hunting buddy at all over two nights sleeping head to toe.

I kept the dog in the back of the truck in his kennel with his dog bed, we didn't have room for 2 men and the dog in the tent and the truck box had screens so it kept him out of the bugs and he was happy in there.

Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Re: What backpack tents are you guys using?

Quote Originally Posted by Orangethunder View Post
    Buy a gore tex bivy, US army surplus and use that. Or the siltarp works too. Those are the best for weight in my opinion. Or the Big Agnes Seedhouse is a pretty sweet tent. For a bit more weight and less money the MEC Tarn 2 is a solid tent.
    Orangethunder - I'm glad to hear you say that the MEC Tarn 2 is a good tent. I just bought one. I haven't tried it out yet but I am looking forward to it.
    Originally posted by Yappy Yoodle Dog 02/04/08

Another question : Is it possible for me to re-take my CORE and get another hunter number so I can buy two hunting licenses and double my chances of killing something?

my vote for a mountain hardware hammerhead 2. 2 doors 2vestubles 2 people. light enough to pack in for sheep

had 100 kph winds and rain MOUNTAIN HARDWEAR helios 2 was awesome..

Steven

Right now its a North Face but I'll soon be getting a Hilberg single man.

I just picked up a Sierra Designs Electron RC2, thanks to the sale at Valhalla Pure today (20% off on tents). Hopefully it holds up ok.

Quote Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
    my vote for a mountain hardware hammerhead 2. 2 doors 2vestubles 2 people. light enough to pack in for sheep
    I have a mountain hardware hammerhead 2 and i love it. Had it for about 1.5 years and put it though its paces between wet fall trips and cold snowy winter hikes. 2 vestibules and doors is a must.