Thread: IBEP Cranbrook June 12 & 13 2010

IBEP Cranbrook June 12 & 13 2010

The BCAA and UBBC will be collaborating on an IBEP course the weekend of June 12 & 13th. For information please PM me.

JT

2. Site Sponsor

Re: IBEP Cranbrook June 12 & 13 2010

Excelent ,wish they had that 30 years ago when I was trying to figure all the bow stuff by my self.Only thing I would change is cut the class room down to 3 hours and boost the practicle to 10 hours,you always learn more by shooting.
    Scars Are like Tattoos but With Better Stories

Yes, agree on the time afield. The 10 & 3 is the standard, but each instructor will tailor the course to suit. I think the reality is more of an even split on time in class versus outdoors.

boyd050 Guest

sounds like something I would like to take!!

Hey I would do this, are there any plans to run this course in different locations?

It runs around the province. Courses in Coquitlam (Burke Mtn) a couple times a year. Send me a PM and I'll hook you up.

If anyone is interested in this course for Cranbrook PM me. Spots are filling up.

Thanks.

PM'd you... Looking for a course in the lower mainland...

Quote Originally Posted by J_T View Post
    It runs around the province. Courses in Coquitlam (Burke Mtn) a couple times a year. Send me a PM and I'll hook you up.

A quick update on the IBEP in Cranbrook. Great weather, great participation. One fellow "Rudy" on HBC flew in from the coast. Had one CORE instructor from Golden come down and others from the local area. Pulled two existing instructors out of the closet and certified 2 additional.

Met some young people (deadly shots) that will be very welcome in my late season deer camp for their first archery kill.

Hunted the evenings with some of the gang. Stalked a beautiful big 6 plus "Reba red" black bear and another pretty brown/blonde. Even picked up the UFC fight and spotted my son in the crowd giving Chuck the high five on his way in to his final fight......

We'll be expanding the instructor base into each of the clubs in the EK and work with the clubs and their respective youth programs to ensure all youth have an opportunity for IBEP skill development.

Cheers

Excellent Jim sounds like the course was very successful.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."