Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Checkmate Bows

Checkmate Bows

I want to buy a Checkmate TD Hunter11. Can anyone point me to a website that shows me the different options, materials, colors, lengths etc.

Also can anyone put me in touch with the guy that makes them?

I plan to hunt deer, elk, and bear in BC and ALTA with this bow. Your advice and considered opinion also welcome on the following questions I have...

1) What is the best wood for the limbs?

2) I am 5"10" tall, and have a draw length of 28 1/2 inches. How long should the bow be?

3) I'm thinking the draw weight should be around 60lb. Reasonable?

4) What else should I consider that I am missing here?

Thanks
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Checkmate Bows

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit View Post
    I want to buy a Checkmate TD Hunter11. Can anyone point me to a website that shows me the different options, materials, colors, lengths etc.

Also can anyone put me in touch with the guy that makes them?

I plan to hunt deer, elk, and bear in BC and ALTA with this bow. Your advice and considered opinion also welcome on the following questions I have...

1) What is the best wood for the limbs?

2) I am 5"10" tall, and have a draw length of 28 1/2 inches. How long should the bow be?

3) I'm thinking the draw weight should be around 60lb. Reasonable?

4) What else should I consider that I am missing here?

Thanks
    The Wheels and Cams!! LOL just kidding, I would like a recurve to play with as well.
    Smith & Wesson Beats Four Aces!

"Society will forever judge hunters by their compassion for the animals they hunt." Author, Jim Slinsky

A women never looks so good as when she comes in wet and dirty from hunting.

http://gametrailarchery.com/2.html

located in Williams Lake

A Real Southern Canadian Beaver &
    I am Proud to be 100% Canadian "Y'ALL"
    + 110% Redneck Woman "Yehaww"

redneck wedding vow: til huntin season do we part
    watch Alison's Kitchen on "Nice Fish Pro Staff" with Gary Cooper

Back to the Hermit

Next time you are at one of our shoots remind me and I will introduce you to Marc. He is checkmate , and he usually comes to most of our shoots. He does get bombarded most times with questions and people looking for bows.

Marc
    JB flang is my hero.

Moose guide infamous quote.
    "when you shoot em just right their feathers go puff"

Thumbs up Re: Checkmate Bows

I went with the Hickory limbs......Zebrawood & Bubinga Riser.
    No particular reason...just liked the look !

Takedown Prohunter II (48lbs)

Hermit, For god sake man. You spent last elk season around 12 guys that all shoot Chekmates, most are Take Down Hunter Recurves. You were of the few that shot a wheel bow. You didn't take a look?

Marc Moriez is the manufacturer. Send Onesock an email or PM. WindFeather Archery Traditions has the best selection of bows.

Yew limbs should be the best. They look nice, but I don't notice much difference between my Bro's (yew limb) bow and mine (maple)

The bow Will has provided a pic of is pretty, but they are all pretty. You won't be dissappointed. Marc does amazing work.

Better yet, join the TBBC. Each membership is entered in the draw for a checkmate bow. (I won two years ago)

Come to the TBBC Provincial Championships in Keremeos on the long weekend of may. Of 150 participants there are about 10 that shoot their own bows or bows that Marc didn't make.

Hey, I'm in the office (Vic) tomorrow aft. Come over.

Length. 62"
    Weight. I shoot a 64 pound. 28 inch draw. I also have a #55 (it's the prettier bow but i don't shoot it much) they both shoot the arrow at 198 fps. I shoot a 640 grain carbon for hunting. Large feathers. 2 blade Journeyman 145 gr.

You need a Selway limb quiver.

You will need some judo points for birds.

Talk to Monty at Windfeather. 426-8565. He has the package, all figured out. You know he does.

And dont overlook the longbows made by Mark either....I have 4 of em and am looking for a 5th....I need a take down Crusader to round out the collection....ok maybe 2 of em...one for the wife

Bill Bill Bill... I told you what to get in an e-mail I sent you. If you want to shoot it this year ya better get your a$$ in gear. I think 60 might be too heavy for you to start. I would start withh 55 lbs at 28inches. I don't know if you will draw 28 1/2 with a stick bow either. I have a recurve at home if you want to try it out at a shoot I will bring it for you. Let me know.

Hermit , You are well advised with this group and can give me a call if yoy wish . 604 824 1493.
    Cheers
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC