Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Banning Spinning decoys?

Re: Banning Spinning decoys?

I've noticed a lot of birds do a "fly by" within range rather than commit to land like they did a few years ago.
    I did ok before I used the Mojo but I have to admit that on the few occasions this year that I killed the battery on it, I didn't feel as confident. One thing about the Mojo, we hunt an area with mountains on both sides of us. I believe we miss a lot of birds that fly by before we see them because of the trees. The Mojo attracts some of these birds and they give us a look rather than flying by. I'll use the Mojo as long as it's legal too.
    Dan
    P.S. I use magnum decoys too....
    Buddi doing what she does best!

The ducks are catching on to these things for sure!! I have found that they are worth their weight in gold in a field hunt or over water in low light and then as the sun starts to brighten things up they start to do the ''fly by'' as Dano says and never fully commit. I run a super lucky duck with a remote and as they start circling i will shut it down and have had better results this way. One of the rivers i hunt the ducks like boom boom said have their mind made up where they want to be so i will get caught off guard several times and have ducks coming in cupped and committed and then they pick out the robo before i get it shut off and they flair like crazy and i don't get a shot at them but in the early light they practically land right on the spinner. It is still a valuable tool in my spread it just doesn't get used as much as a few years ago
    Slayer

I think that the amount of ducks that are killed here in a year compared to the states we will never compare. And what is the difference if you kill eight quickly or in five hours? Some places the ducks are getting a little wiser to them but you still have it all over the guy that doesn't have them. I have used only one and had out as many as five. I don't need them to land in my decoys just get close enough for a clean kill. A dead duck is a dead duck wether I shot him at 15 yards or 45yards.

I could not care less if they ban them, they scare more birds than they bring in.

Longshot