Thread: Looking for a Dog

Looking for a Dog

Looking for a Golden retriever. Any body in the know of one, Or Pups?
    My worst day of Hunting is better than my best day at Work.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Looking for a Dog

Check out headsup kennels.
    Blacktailaholic

PM Sent. Check your box
    The Rocky Mountains is the Marrow of the World
    "Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. "Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men." "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline."

diggerpax is offline "Shoot 'em in the guts"

It is very very hard to find a golden that is still bred to hunt- most are bred for companion or show animals. Check out duckbusterkennels.com. This guy competes in hunting competitions year round with goldens and labs, and his dogs are bred to hunt. It would be well worth the shipping to get one of his dogs. Also, Yellowstone goldens in Cody, WY has decent hunting dogs, but they're a little spendy. I have a 1 1/2 year old duck buster dog, and she's great- this year she's brought back about 20 ducks and a 50 yard water retrieve on a goose- no to mention she's an absolute doll around the house. Their dogs are bred small with shorter hair to help navigate the brush (my bitch is around 40 lbs). I put a lot of research into finding the perfect golden, and this was my top choice for sure. If you want a serious hunting dog, do not buy a dog from just any breeder- there are few breeders that breed for hunting goldens left.

As posted by Islandeer Heads Up Kennels plus TNT Kennels right here in BC produce top quality field Goldens. I would look no further than either of these kennels for a hunting/family dog.
    The Rocky Mountains is the Marrow of the World
    "Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. "Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men." "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline."

I'm sorry- the website is www.duckbust.com

I would be careful when looking at field trial vs hunting trial- they are very different events, and the breeding and dispositions are not the same.

Go with TNT, John and Janice know Goldens, tell them what you what and they will figure out the right pup. If you want a dog that is to be used for hunting, trial lines are fine..remember you can take the drive out of the dog but you can't put it in, all retrievers do not have the drive needed to hunt BC waterfowl conditions. A good quote from a pro trainer that I used to train with " you can love a good dog just as easy as a bad dog"...so pick from trial or good hunt test lines. my 2 cents. pm me if you want to know of a few other golden breeders that have the odd litter every now and then.boom...