Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hunting in Sask

Re: Hunting in Sask

Is it worth the 150 bucks? I don't know, you be the judge.

Grosses 173........6 x 5
    doesnt matter what kind of bullet it is, as long as it weighs 180 grains its DEADLY, even on ass shots....Todbartell-2009

Hey Guys,
    Im from Sask and can give you an exact amount of licence costs
    Wildlife Habitiat Certificate- $11
    White-tail Deer- $140

Here's the dates Canadian residents can hunt in most zones
    rifle- Nov.21-Nov.26
    Muzzleloader- Oct.1-Dec 3( in ML zones)
    Archery Sep. 1- 31 also Sep. 1 - Dec.3 in wildlife managament zones

A comment was made that Saskatchewan was all plains and that is not the truth at all, maybe if you never get off the NO 1 highway but venture North of Saskatoon, Prince Albert ect... and you'll find nothing but trees, Lakes valley's that make you feel like you're in the mountains. We have over 100 000 lakes here in Sk.
    Check this link out for soem of the deer comming out of Sask in the 2004 deer season, amazing deer!! The site is called Saskatchewan Bucks

http://www.angelfire.com/sk2/saskhunting/

Cheers!!

fozzy is offline hunting 4 a decent Mulie

I have hunted and lived in Sask. There are plenty of deer there and they seem to be larger then the Whitetail in the interior of BC. I shot my first whitetail, a 5x6 at 50 yards.
    I'd recomend it for sure.

Your average shot in Saskatchewan would be around 200yrds. I have only hunted for 5 years and all of my deer have been under 100 yards. There is lots of land to hunt with in a hr or so of Saskatoon.Lots of farmers would have no problem giving you access. All you have to do is ask. This year should b a fantastic year for deer. Lots of peas, lentils and oats have been planted this year. Godd luck to you

I lived in Saskatchewan for 18 years, in those 18 years I hunted for about 6 of them. I Got 1 Whitetail each year. The longest shot I took was 75 yards. But as someone had said I lived in northern Saskatchewan and there wasn't too many places to go shoot something @ 500 yards unless you went a bit further south. Also the bucks seem to be bigger there. Mulies are freaking huge! Now, if they could only do something about the -40 weather when I was hunting. (ok -20)

so-how do you go about hunting Alberta/Saskatchewan if you are a BC resident without spending a fortune on a guide?I have a non hunting brother in law in Calgary but that's about it

My whole family lives in Sask.
    I think you would have to find somebody that lives there to take you out!

do they have to be a direct relative?

If you have a chance to head there on a white tail hunt do it,as permission to hunt private land I've never been told no.They want the deer gone.My wife and son go every year the only advice is practice free hand moving shots as thats what you usually get.

Here is a picture of my last hunt in Saskatchewan.

That was our limit I think.

http://www3.telus.net/drswebspace/HuntinginSask2.jpg
    Last edited by guntech; 11-29-2005 at 07:53 PM.
    . . . . .If I don't respond to your postings, maybe it is because you are on my "IGNORE" list
    . . . . . . . . . . . . I don't see the garbage you write. It's a wonderful tool