Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What to do with my ducks?

Re: What to do with my ducks?

Quote Originally Posted by kishman View Post
    If I knew how to spell that sound Homer Simpson makes every time he sees/hears about something tasty I'd put that here instead of this....
    I believe the words you're looking for is "garghhhh..." with head tilted up, mouth open drooling, and eyes half staring into nothingness.
    Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    You can do it buddy! you're a terrific person inside! (just not on the outside)

Congrats on the hull but where are the photos!

I can take a pic of the cooler full of ducks, but it's a mess in there and I don't think you want to see it in their current shapes

Hey Brian, congrats on your haul of ducks! I'd keep the mallards for roasting at a minimum. I pretty much roast all my ducks but that's just me. I usually put them in a roasting bag with potatoes, carrots, an onions, 1/2 cup of water in the bottom and about 2 hours later on 350 it's ready to eat!
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

The answer to this would take me all day!

Pepperoni usually is batched around 10lbs, I use about 30% pork, and find the mix from stuffers is awesome! I'm going to be making a pepper stick next week when I get home, yum yum!

I'd say right off freeze a count for later in the year and then enjoy some now..

What are you craving? Duck fajitas? duckpetizers? Duck and eggs? grilled duck?

Ian

P.S. I'll have to check out that X3 of yours, see how it compares to my X2

10 lb batch eh? I don't think I'll have enough this time, maybe by next week though... it'd be nice to chew on some duck sticks while duck shooting at the same time

Duck fajitas actually sounds like a really good idea, I ought to try that out.

Ian you know what a lousy shot I am (you've seen it first-hand ), so either I've improved a lot in 3-4 outings since, or there's gotta be something to do with the SX3 (shooting Kents in #2's btw).

Marc your recipe sounds like a winner, I go ga-ga for potatoes

Fajitas are super easy, there's the scratch method and the lazy, I use the lazy most of the time.

here go's

Go to the supermarket, buy Club House TEX MEX seasoning, marinate the duck (breasts/egs, boned and no skin or fat) for a minimum of 1/2hr,overnight is better. Grill, or broil till pink, don't overcook! Let rest a good 5 minutes, slice across the grain, serve with all the normal fajita stuff, I usually just stir fry some onions and peppers to go with.

I serve this and usually don't say it's duck!

Ian

I use almost all of my ducks making Duck, Smoked Sausage, Oyster and Okra Gumbo.
    ________
    Cirrus
    Last edited by porcupine; 01-29-2011 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by porcupine View Post
    I use almost all of my ducks making Duck, Smoked Sausage, Oyster and Okra Gumbo.

Now THAT sounds good!!
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Everyone loves it too! Infact, my wife gets upset if I use the ducks for anything else.
    ________
    medical marijuana news
    Last edited by porcupine; 01-29-2011 at 09:20 AM.