Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What to do with my ducks?

Re: What to do with my ducks?

I never roast birds anymore. Cut'em into pieces, season and coat with flour. Brown them quickly in a pan then transfer to a baking dish, cover with a favourite sauce ( tomato for caccitore style) or deglase the fry pan with red wine and broth. Cover and simmer in the oven for an hour or til tender. Flavourful, tender, and easy.

That sounds like something I could try, Jimbo. Easy enough for me anyway. But it'll have to wait till I get back from the US. Just visited Cabela's earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    You can do it buddy! you're a terrific person inside! (just not on the outside)

this year i to discouvered flour.

if you have a nice saute in the pan going with all the garlic and butter and spices rolling, just before it is done sprinkle a wee bit of flour in the pan and stir. This will make all the yummy drippings stick to the meat like a coating. then each piece will have more flavour. (and the gamer meats will have less strength).

my son & I take out the breast meat slice it into 1/4" strips dip it in egg then dip it in seasoned bread/ cracker crumbs & fry it in olive oil.
    umm umm good

you wouldnt be interested in selling that old remington
    to a newby interested in taking up the duck hunt would you?? please send me a pm if for sale thanks