Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boat Blinds

Re: Boat Blinds

Yes i can see where having a few options would be good.Time to put the thinking cap on so i"ll have a good setup for next season.There is a lot of info out there from making your own mudmotor to using a weedwacker to propel you around.This is going to be fun.
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

Quote Originally Posted by Ian F. View Post
    That'd be a Canvasback, about 3/4's full
    What do you mean by this. What makes a full?

I had to use a book to id the canvasback I bagged this year. The book said VIsland is out of their range.
    How full is this guy?

Hooked on quack.

a full drake has white sides and a white to silver back

Most birds get their back and top edge of the sidepocket feathers in last, and different species fill out in their breeding plummage at different times. Shovelors are one of the latest, and mergansers and eiders take 3 years to get full plummage, 2 for goldeneye's

No matter how a can looks, they sure taste good!

Congrats on "the stray"! Although they are common in alaska a good population comes through washington and we are inbetween I just think the data is light.

Ian

Well i ordered the Northern flight blind from Cabelas.Couldn't resist its on sale from $3oo.oo to $120.oo.Just the frame then i will do the rest.I'll let you know how it goes.
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    Well i ordered the Northern flight blind from Cabelas.Couldn't resist its on sale from $3oo.oo to $120.oo.Just the frame then i will do the rest.I'll let you know how it goes.
    I would recommend getting the camo grass mats that come with that blind. During the sale Cabelas only want $40 more but the camo is worth about $100.

That camo grass mats are very effective where I hunt.

Hooked on quack.

Yes i'm sure they are good but i hear they require alot of care they will rot and mildew easily if wet.I'm looking at something synthetic from Avery there are alot of choices .I also ordered some camo netting that i can add grass to.I will be going for a trip down there in the new year just wanted to get the frame before the sale ends.
    BCWF
    CCFR

- Everett Ruess