Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dead hound found

Re: Dead hound found

I agree that the hounds should have a tracking collar on its cheap insurance in my mind. At least an id collar, where we are it is mandatory to have liscenced dogs so they are meant to wear collars , I admit that i sometime take the collar off when the dogs are lounging around in the house but that is rare, the minute they leave the door they must have a collar on, when we leave the house with the hounds for hunting we have the tracking collars on the hounds and turn on the collars before we leave that way we dont forget to pull the magnets or any other silly misshaps.

Perhaps its just us but we actually like our dogs and all our pups went to homes that made the assurance that they would NEVER run them withut a tracking collar.
    I sure hope that who owns the dog finds it, we dont know the circumstances surrounding its demise other then it appears that it was hit by a car and has no collars which is sad no matter how you look at it.

Thumbs down Re: Dead hound found

Quit dumping on the owner of the dog until you know the rest of the story. It just might be that the dog slipped the collar, this happens you know. And then again, maybe someone stole the dog and removed the collar and the dog escaped the captor and was trying to get home when struck by a vehicle.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

I not dumping,For 17 years I had hounds not once a hound of every slipped out of a collar ( a Lab will). As a owner your responsable for that dog and if its stolen or lost. Its up to HOUNDSMAN to tell other houndsman about the hound .Word of mouth(THE PIPE LINE).If they don't ,They are not HOUNDSMAN.

Quit dumping on the owner of the dog until you know the rest of the story.
    X2!! It sure is the pits for what sounds like a healthy dog to meet its end in such a fashion......but the unsupported assumptions don't do any good at all, infact its makes those who pass such judgments look foolish IMO.
    “To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”- Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by marblewoodhead View Post
    I not dumping,For 17 years I had hounds not once a hound of every slipped out of a collar ( a Lab will). As a owner your responsable for that dog and if its stolen or lost. Its up to HOUNDSMAN to tell other houndsman about the hound .Word of mouth(THE PIPE LINE).If they don't ,They are not HOUNDSMAN.
    why cant a hound slip a collar , I guess nobody has ever given my hounds that memo or the thousand of other hounds across the us and canada that have slipped collars (never mind the rest of the world).
    i know of others that have had a hound get caught on there collar on a tree and almost try to kill themselves trying to get free and luckily have gotten free .

there have been hunters that have accidently had the dogs get out of the box before collering them up (this one of the precautionary reasons we collar up before we leave, that with trying to collar up a hound that has exited can be a real pain) . until the day that it is a rule that hounds must wear tracking collars there will be those that will not want to use them .Although i do have my feelings on this I cannot condemn them as what they are doing is not illiegal but it is not my practice and that is my choice as it is thiers.

I think to assume the dogs demise is a result of a hunters negligence or perhaps a negligence is a factor is not very respectfull is it . the dog could have been at a boarding kennel? it could have been frightened and bolted etc and the owner could be worried sick

trimmed nails and in good physical condition do not sound like a dog that will not be missed , it sounds more like a simple accident or oversight that has ended in tragic results and no amount of holier then thou postering or fingerpointing is going to bring that dog back to their owners.

all i can say is that i am sorry for the owners loss whomever they may be.

Unhappy Re: Dead hound found

I was the one that found the hound folks. I didn't see the body when I drove by today, but then again the snowplow went through, and it could be covered. I hope the owners can find some closure.

Also I have found several dogs in this situation over the years, and also saved a few I found wandering in the ditches before they stepped out onto the hwy, which is a really bad hwy for this sort of thing.

Thanx for x posting this for me bcsteve, somehow I managed to figure out my Internet glitches over xmass, and I wanted to get this info out ASAP in case it was a dog that belonged to one of the members here.
    Cheers!
    C.
    ----